Not Sure Where to Begin.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Sure Where to Begin.......

Anyone want to tell me what kind of engine that is??

Oh, there were certain details ol' George didn't concern himself with, weren't there? Being that the car supposedly started as a Pontiac, I'd assume there's some Indian in there.

Comment

Ah yes, I can see the resto guys cringing now.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

A prop engine?
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

389 Pontiac and think Dean Jefferies was the original builder.
          Time Wasters...
          http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
          http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

It's a Monkee Motor!
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I like how it has 3 big ass header pipes coming out the motor and then their are 4 pipes coming out the wheelwell !!!!!!.........
              Last edited by TC; January 19, 2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Considering it was a prop built in the 60s, most Pontiac guys dont have a problem with it. The stuff on top is all fiberglass and plastic from what I have read about it. I like the Dragula from the other show better than the MonkeeMobile.

Comment

That's clearly a V6/8, a one of a kind made just for that show. The key to the technology has been lost to the ages.

Dan

Comment

Don't Pontiac V8's have the center ports so close together that some headers use a single tube? Not saying, just thinking I saw something about that at some point in a "performance parts for pontiac" back when CC was doing the BOP eninges.
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
                      Don't Pontiac V8's have the center ports so close together that some headers use a single tube? Not saying, just thinking I saw something about that at some point in a "performance parts for pontiac" back when CC was doing the BOP eninges.

Yeah there are 3 tube headers, but the ports point downwards. You cant even see the header bolts on a Pontiac when its in a car. The pipes there are fakes, as are the ones sticking from the fender well. They look like they are sticking into the plenum under the blower, so it was obviously not someone familiar with how engines work, they just wanted the dragster look but had to have fenders on the car.

See the ports point down and the flange is quite low.

Comment

I can only tell you this .. we waited with open jaws to the car cross the screen !

sigpic

Comment

That has to be one of those fake blower cases, where the carb mounted inside the blower......

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                            I like how it has 3 big ass header pipes coming out the motor and then their are 4 pipes coming out the wheelwell !!!!!!.........
                            3 header pipes coming out of the intake manifold area.

How about the Munster Koach, with 10 Hilborn style intake tubes... was it really a V10, or was that just for looks, too?

What kind of jet propulsion was in the Bat Mobile? I wonder how much thrust it had and what the top speed was...

...and what's with shifters sticking through the roof! Surely a shorter shifter would have been better for performance shifting!

Clearly just for looks ... C'mon Alex, not everything on a show car is functional.

Comment

TC you do know its just TV, in the long run this does explain a lot.........
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                              X