Not Sure Where to Begin.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
    I can only tell you this .. we waited with open jaws to the car cross the screen !

Sure looks like a Pontiac to me under all that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
      Anyone want to tell me what kind of engine that is??

Looks to me that the thing which appears to be a blower is actually a turbine, which in turn drives the crankshaft. That must be the only explanation for why the header pipes come out of the intake.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
        3 header pipes coming out of the intake manifold area.

How about the Munster Koach, with 10 Hilborn style intake tubes... was it really a V10, or was that just for looks, too?

What kind of jet propulsion was in the Bat Mobile? I wonder how much thrust it had and what the top speed was...

...and what's with shifters sticking through the roof! Surely a shorter shifter would have been better for performance shifting!

Clearly just for looks ... C'mon Alex, not everything on a show car is functional.

the monkey mobile was a pontiac engine and the munsters coach had a ford cleavland motor
        "if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Comment

another dean jeffries car that george barris took credit for ?

Comment

Two cars were contracted to be built: One as a main TV car, to be used on the television program, and one as a promotional show car, to tour hot rod and car shows around the United States. Both cars would be built in the span of four weeks. The first version originally sported a 6-71 supercharged engine, a solid mounted rear axle (no springs) and extra rear end weight. This was to enable the car to "pop wheelies." Because the car had too much power and was difficult to drive, the original blower set up was removed and a dummy blower was fitted. The second car was used as a touring car for auto shows and promotional events. Both would be used on The Monkees TV series, one during the first season and both throughout the second season.[2]

Several notable differences between the two cars exist, such as the size of the door logo and the styling of the fan belt cover and blower lines, which can be used to tell the difference between the two cars. It should also be noted that there are numerous replicas created over the years, none of which were made by the original cars' creator, Dean Jeffries. Such replicas also have a number of distinctive visual differences unique to each car.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by spidergearsman View Post
              another dean jeffries car that george barris took credit for ?
              bingo
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

dean painted all the kool indy cars

Comment

just like "George" Jefferson , we all know Weasie did all the work.
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post

dean painted all the kool indy cars
                    Right about this time, I get up and go to the bathroom............I hate Bird Dogs...........

Comment

AJ does look a little impatient....C'mon, C'mon we have qualifying in 10 minutes...
                      Killer photo, I will have to check to see if that is from the Jefferies book.
                      Time Wasters...
                      http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
                        AJ does look a little impatient....C'mon, C'mon we have qualifying in 10 minutes...
                        Killer photo, I will have to check to see if that is from the Jefferies book.
                        That was back when AJ could fit in the car.
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

His shop is still on Cahuenga Blvd. It never looks as if anyone is working there. For the longest time that weirdo truck from Damnation Alley was sitting there.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            His shop is still on Cahuenga Blvd. It never looks as if anyone is working there. For the longest time that weirdo truck from Damnation Alley was sitting there.
                            has that white wrought iron fence around it

Comment

Working...
                            X