RIP, Etta James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP, Etta James

A singular talent, and you will be missed.

"First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Yes, a truly great one. Life's a timed event to start with, but my mindset wonders and doubts that we have any more great ones to replace the great ones who leave us.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

She sure fought her demons but still did AMAZING work when she could quiet them. I hope she has a more comfortable afterlife (if there is such a thing).

Dan

Comment

Her voice....oh my goodness. Yeah, she was a great one indeed. A pioneer in a genre that was not all too popular as time went on, and the music audience got younger...
        Last edited by pdub; January 20, 2012, 03:57 PM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Love some Etta and At Last.

Comment

She sure had some pipes. RIP Etta
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by realsteelfreak View Post
              Love some Etta and At Last.
              Her version was absolutely amazing. There's another breathtaking version by someone I'll wager you never heard of, Michelle Garibay-Carey. It's on her Dad Randy Garibay's last CD (the name of the CD escapes me right now). Randy was dying of cancer (he was a lifelong smoker) and I think the band put this track together as a tribute, with Randy on the beautiful guitar solo in the middle of the tune and Michelle singing. I don't think it's on Youtube but the CD is worth buying and is available if you Google "Randy Garibay".

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X