No announcement yet.

More Hot Rod Magazine tomfoolery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chad and I ran into Todd at Westech today and he is involved as I suspected!

I guess DF and Finnegan are shooting this adventure for the mag and for video.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Run the price up to $1500 and get free tickets to '12 Power Tour.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor2 View Post
        No, the 2bbl would have to go. This would be a good candidate to play with EFI though...
        oh brother

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
          Not sure on the back story with this car, but if it is coming from El Paso I am guessing Todd over at MSD has some involvement!
          Hot Rod had also put a shot of the MSD Atomic system on a Pontiac on their Facebook page just before announcing this car was for sale. However, it looks like it's a different car.

I was tempted to ask on Hot Rod's page what the booster venturis were for on that thing... :D

Comment

That photo was of the motor in Todd's car.

Comment

Down to $530. A bidder must not of liked the math on the trunk. Would be funny if the winning bidder did Power Tour it, Free tickets or not. Then pack some real power under the hood starting with that 400. I think Stiney is right on the scenario of how it came down . Think the big tool box had something to do with it.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Down to $510. This is not the way a auction is supposed to work. Really, sharpie scrawl on the trunk and callapsed springs and people are backing out? the thing is probally worth $200 in scrap minus the engine and trans . To bad its so far from Indiana.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I don't see any appeal myself. Other than HR pushing it. Which I still don't get. I guess the tomfoolery is to be revealed at a later date.
                  1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Sold for $520. I know what they paid for it.....which was more than $520.

Comment

When has DF ever sold a car that wasnt a loss?
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

IF this car is going to be in another "beater" article. it would be worth the money to buy this car and drive it to your local cruise-in just to say "My Car has been in Hot Rod Magazine." ;)
                        Powertour off/on since 2002
                        sigpic

Comment

They should have built the 400 put a manual valve body in the trans for better up shift controll. Then put the hacked up vette suspension under it . Would be fun running it around the beamer guys at open track days.
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                          X