Lets talk beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk beer

OK, quiz time. Who is the largest American owned brewery? The answer will shock you

Answer: Yuengling! They also employ less people then Sam Adams but they make more money. Bud and Miller are no longer American owned and Miller owns Coors. I saw this on TV the other night, they were interviewing Dick Yeungling. Yuengling is building a new brewery in Ohio too I believe. They are sold in 14 states
    Last edited by Huskinhano; January 24, 2012, 08:25 PM.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

How bout them apples eh?
    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

My favorite domestic beer......privately family owned for a long time. Hats off to them!!

Long live Yuengling Lager!!!

Last edited by Anotheroldgearhead; January 24, 2012, 11:05 PM.
      Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet!!!

Comment

I prefer to drink beer rather than talk about beer, unless we're doing it at the same time. Oh, wait, I am drinking beer. Yuengling Lager is a great beer, but I can't get it here in WI. I used to drink it in GA. when I lived there.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

They just started selling Yuengling in Ohio. Good Stuff, used to have to run to the PA border to get some.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Love yeungling! Some buddies and I make a run to NY or PA every couple of months to stock up, as it's not sold here

Comment

Yuengling is great when you need cans and don't want to have to drink that awful stuff that is readily available in cans. And it's generally cheaper than microbrews if you need bulk (think tubing trip.) Their Black and Tan is nice too.
              1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

hanging out in westport too much

Westport was named the fifth top-earning city in the US, with a median family income of $193,540 and median home price of $1,200,000 in July, 2008.[28]
                Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; January 25, 2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

A friend in GA turned me onto it and I have been drinking it every since here in FL. Good stuff, for sure. I guess everyone knows Bud Light is going to capture more of the market with a new beer that will be marketed during the Super Bowl this year. Bud Light Platinum will come in a "blue" bottle and will be 6 or 7 % alcohol !

On the Kegworks site I frequent, two employees were asked by the Bud folks to taste test it and they said it is good !

I say Duh ! . . . it's beer isn't it !

Yuengling drunker DTB "hic-up"

p.s. Buuuuurp!
                  DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Dave the Bartender, any Good rum drink recipes you want to share?

I used to work at a Ferd dealership that overlook the Yingaling plant. That was before it was cool to drink it, and all the coal crackers drank it because it was local and CHEAP. Its still local, but not cheap.

As for complaining about american made beer, we arent the only Country loosing our beer. In-bev Which bought Bud, has bought alot of other beer companies !
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.
                    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Here is the list...tried posting it , But failed miserably ! so look at it yourself.

( dont know how spidey quotes those long articles? )
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post

Westport was named the fifth top-earning city in the US, with a median family income of $193,540 and median home price of $1,200,000 in July, 2008.[28]

Figures you would drink a so-so Belgian beer...

Yuengling Lager is a great beer... I love many of my locals... Brooklyn and Blue Point are two of my favorite... Remember that many beers are bottled here, in the USA...

Comment

Originally posted by Anotheroldgearhead View Post
                          My favorite domestic beer......privately family owned for a long time. Hats off to them!!

Long live Yuengling Lager!!!

X2! BTW where in PA are you?
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post

Doesn't do it for me. Like drinking Bud. Oh wait they make Bud.
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Let's hope by making it bigger they don't ruin it.

Sometimes more means worse. Let's hope that's not the case here.

I like "Yingaling" hope when they start the brewery in OH, it will be more readily available here in MI.
                              For now - in cans (boats and concrete floors go better with cans) I'll bow my hat to the Canadians - Labatts and Molsen.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X