No announcement yet.

Lets talk beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen Hams in Michigan recently, I like Lyon Strout for a strout, Mad Hatter or Two Heated for a IPA, and all domestics

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
      Let's hope by making it bigger they don't ruin it.

Sometimes more means worse. Let's hope that's not the case here.

I like "Yingaling" hope when they start the brewery in OH, it will be more readily available here in MI.
      For now - in cans (boats and concrete floors go better with cans) I'll bow my hat to the Canadians - Labatts and Molsen.
      Love Labatt's and Molsen!

Comment

im a big fan of guinness and sam adams black lager....

Comment

Labatt and stella are both made by in-bev.

Guinness is made by Diageo.
          Diageo is a global alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
          Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling scotch whisky),Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur) and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout).[9][10] It is also the exclusive international distributor of Jos
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
            Its still local, but not cheap.

It's still cheap. Maybe not lager that's $20/case, but I just got a case of premium for $12 a few weeks ago.

Comment

I love Yuengling. Can't get it Maine though. I mostly drink Bud Light (I know, I know). If I'm going out for a decent meal, I'll drink a seasonal Sam Adams or a Red Hook or something like that though. I like good beer, but when I'm hanging out with my buddies (and drinking in volume) or at the end of a long, hot day, I'll take a Bud Light.
              Last edited by daved931; January 25, 2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daved931 View Post
                I love Yuengling. Can't get it Maine though. I mostly drink Bud Light (I know, I know). If I'm going out for a decent meal, I'll drink a seasonal Sam Adams or a Red Hook or something like that though. I like good beer, but when I'm hanging out with my buddies (and drinking in volume) or at the end of a long, hot day, I'll take a Bud Light.
                never heard of it.

I don't drink anyways.
                I wonder what russian trade will do with the wto stuff taking place.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Whatever happened to Reingold, Ballentine, & Olympia (Oly)?
                  STUGOTS

Comment

Oly Oly O
                    My dad would load the fam into the Monaco wagon and head north, camping nights and driving days. Always stopped at the Olympia brewery in Tumwater for some reason. Our family tent had quite a few Olympia patches on it. There was one with a kegger accelerating on a set of slicks...Its all gone now. Miller brews Oly in Irwindale CA. We used to stop at the Rainier brewery as well.
                    Local brew here is Stone (AB ale or IPA are my faves). Firestone DBA is tasty...
                    www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                    Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                      Labatt and stella are both made by in-bev.

Guinness is made by Diageo.
                      Diageo is a global alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
                      Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling scotch whisky),Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur) and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout).[9][10] It is also the exclusive international distributor of Jos
                      i toured the guinness brewary in Dublin ... awesome place . the guinness store is shaped like a giant pint glass.. at the top level theres a bar with a 360 degree few of the city...

Comment

[QUOTE=groucho;604784]Whatever happened to Reingold, Ballentine, & Olympia (Oly)?[/QUOTE
                        heres Olympia...
                        As with many other regional breweries, ownership of this brewery eventually passed through several corporations including Pabst, G. Heileman, and Stroh's, until the brewery was eventually purchased by SABMiller. For a time, the Olympia brewery took over the brewing of other Pacific Northwest brands as their original breweries were closed one by one, including the Lucky Lager brewery in Vancouver, Washington, the Henry Weinhard's brewery in Portland, Oregon, and the Rainier Beer brewery in Seattle, Washington. Miller closed the Olympia brewery on July 1, 2003 citing the unprofitability of such a small brewery. However, beer marketed under the Olympia Beer name continues to be manufactured by SABMiller at a plant in Irwindale, California.
                        [edit]
                        Reading , Pa
                        Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Yankee fans drank Ballantine, and Mets fans had Rheingold.
                          Since 2005, the Ballantine Ale brand has been owned and marketed by the Pabst Brewing Company, which in turn outsources the brewing to the Miller Brewing Company.
                          Because Ballantine is now widely sold in 40-ounce bottles, it is often lumped together with Olde English 800 and other malt liquors in the public mind.

Rheingold shut down operations in 1976, when they were unable to compete with the large national breweries. Corporate consolidation and the rise of national breweries led to the demise of dozens of regional breweries. The Orange, New Jersey brewery was the last facility to close.
                          In 2005, Drinks Americas of Wilton Ct., whose iconic brands include Trump Vodka and Dr. Dre Cognac, purchased Rheingold Brewing. Drinks Americas has reformulated the Rheingold product for follow through distribution throughout the US. The date of the release is currently unknown.
                          Rheingold beer will return to the New York Metropolitan market. Drinks Americas will be selling Rheingold Beer in August 2010.
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

rheingold tried a comeback in 1994

no dice

Comment

New owners now!
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Reading , Pa
                                Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Working...
                                X