Chevy's new Nova: Code 130R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy's new Nova: Code 130R

After my second visit to the Noth American International Auto Show this past Saturday, I really started thinking about the possibilities of the Chevy concept Code 130R. I loaded some pictures, expressed my thoughts, and wondered...am I right? Or has this mid 30 year old developed an "old school" mentality that isn't mainstream enough?

Check out my pictures, thoughts, and let me know what you think.

Chevy's new Nova: Code 130R
    Last edited by Supersport350; January 25, 2012, 11:06 AM.
    Motor City Muscle

Paint it all black, put a turbo v6 in it, and call it a Grand National.
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.aspx?q=1532424882755&id=bfb419fbcc51f0ddcb752c4abdf234aa&url=http%3a%2f%2f1.bp.blogspo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	859881

Click image for larger version

Name:	6716490739_136451527f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	859882

I remember this car. The four cylinder sucked, the six cylinder sucked, and the 8 cylinder... sucked. 7 cylinders, nobody would change all 8 plugs.

If they get the engine right and the weight right and the price right, it outta make for a lot of warranty repairs! This is the 1.4 turbo model? I'm interested in it kinda.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Is this a RWD?

Comment

whatever it is, its hideous
          formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
          http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

I am glad the chassis exists. that could be reason gm has it as a code. No name and real production.

the 1.4 will go away like a 2.3 in a fairmont.

they try this stupid path before.

I agree with op about the scion, and it is 2300 pounds. 2700 is maybe max weight for chassis.

they gonna play with little engine in real tons, the little boxer allowed to run is going to walk away again. and again. and again. and again.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

it's RWD, it's I think about 170/170 hp/tq, out of a 1.4... weight undisclosed as far as I've seen. 2300 pounds? It'd be fun. Not fast maybe, but fun. Better than any Scion. Miata competition maybe.

Monza 3.8 4 speed, could have been fun... I was trying to drive it without working on mine. My fault. We have better tech now... it could work.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Looks like ass! Anyone remember the nova looking like this also?

Comment

I looked at the under carriage, just a flat plastic bottom from what I could see. No powertrain at all. The good news is that it leaves the door open to many possibilities. I for one like the styling.
                  Motor City Muscle

Comment

kinda like the new charger, it looks nothing like a charger.. as for the nova the roof line and rear pillers remind me of a 68-73 nova.maybe squre the grill and put some headlights that dont look like its squinting.same with the tail lights....

Comment

Working...
                    X