Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre "March Meet" Test and Tune... Feb 18&19...Bakersfield.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre "March Meet" Test and Tune... Feb 18&19...Bakersfield.

Well boys and girls...it's NITRO time in Calif. Famoso is gonna be rocking real soon warming up for the legendary MARCH MEET .....so if you want to see who's gonna come outta the box with their hair on fire....be there Feb 18&19...
    Most likely Dads new bullet will be in the Dart and my sons new Junior will be making checkout passes and getting the new motor dialed in... We made 49 hp on the dyno...not bad for a single piston motor....LOL
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

The Test & tune sounds like a show in itself. I'd love to make it to the March Meet just to say I raced down the fabled strip at Famosa and most of all to see all the old fuel cars and re-productions, I have it marked on the Calendar, Reservations made, I've sent in to renew my NHRA license and it's only 2,054 miles and I can rationalize it this way, I've done much dumber things!
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
      The Test & tune sounds like a show in itself. I'd love to make it to the March Meet just to say I raced down the fabled strip at Famosa and most of all to see all the old fuel cars and re-productions, I have it marked on the Calendar, Reservations made, I've sent in to renew my NHRA license and it's only 2,054 miles and I can rationalize it this way, I've done much dumber things!
      Well....on Friday Night of the MM I host a FREE BBQ ....we have food for 200 or so people... and you never know who just might be there.... Chad got to attend for the first time last year....I don't think he'll miss one ever again...lol...he has the scars to prove it also....

Comment

you know ........there are other places to drag race hahahaha..I mean ..do you run it any other time of the year ?

when I was broke , I would only go to LEAD EAST , but now with more money , more things will be happening
        Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; January 25, 2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
          you know ........there are other places to drag race hahahaha..I mean ..do you run it any other time of the year ?

when I was broke , I would only go to LEAD EAST , but now with more money , more things will be happening
          ...I race with ANRA( I actually sponsor part of that series)...NHRA Heritage series... And the Summit Series. Plus a full division 7 Jr racing schedule....along with running the Jr at the WCF in Denver....so ya...I get around. The March Meet is the kick off to racing season out here....Money isnt an issue in my life..at 42 I'm re-tired once over ...working on the second retirement now...by 45 that will happen..and If you've never been to a March Meet...your just flappin your gums.
          Last edited by Chassisman; January 25, 2012, 10:12 PM.

Comment

just having fun ..working for the gov must be nice ..you only talk up ONE EVENT BRO ....

Comment

just having fun ..working for the gov must be nice ..you only talk up ONE EVENT BRO ....
              ...that just proves you know ZERO about this event.... keyword..."EVENT"....not RACE.. seems Brian and Chad have invested A LOT to cover this EVENT also...after all it's where their live broadcasts began. It's like Daytona for the circle jerks ....is that a better explanation?....well before Daytona became a vanilla waste land of foo foo pretty boys who can't race if their power steering goes out...the "men" have left NASCAR....thank GOD they haven't left drag racing.

Comment

was relevant in 1957
                independent race - real popular during the NHRA FUEL BAN ..is WJ or Greg Anderson running there?? or is it a cacklefest ?
                I remember reading that the ridge route terrors won there ....ya'all just never talk bout any other races you attend ..that is all
                not trying to offend , just had a question , but ..you know I have fun with this stuff

Comment

was relevant in 1957
                  independent race - real popular during the NHRA FUEL BAN ..is WJ or Greg Anderson running there?? or is it a cacklefest ?
                  I remember reading that the ridge route terrors won there ....ya'all just never talk bout any other races you attend ..that is all
                  not trying to offend , just had a question , but ..you know I have fun with this stuff
                  ...I know...your just a bitter old man with a keyboard.. :-).. an airbag without a car. No WJ or GA...but Ron Capps...Gary Densham..Tony Bartone..Del Worsham... and a few other NHRA tour regulars either own cars or wheel cars at this event. Like I said...if you haven't been....you just don't get it. Make the trip...
                  This picture doesn't even take in 1/3 of the overall event grounds......

Last edited by Chassisman; January 25, 2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

be nice , I 'm not

you should thank my 55 percent tax rate financing your many retirements
                    Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; January 25, 2012, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Well Hell, an ole back woods Country Boy like me from Illinois would probably get lost at a place like that, I'd be better off to just forget it and stay home!
                      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

be nice , I 'm not

you should thank my 55 percent tax rate financing your many retirements
                        ...my second carrer has already been taxed so hard I'm actually coming out flush.....and trust me...NONE of your tax dollars financed my retirement(CalPERS is bigger than the federal retirement program...and comes only from Calif money)....I can't help that I was smart with my financial planning from age 18... I'm not very nice either...even Charles Manson and Sirhan Sirhan cringed when I came around to inspect facilities ...guess they knew true evil when it passed them ;-)....I gotta get back to work...so I can pay for other people not to....

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                          Well Hell, an ole back woods Country Boy like me from Illinois would probably get lost at a place like that, I'd be better off to just forget it and stay home!
                          NOPE...I'm never lost....GPS on the golf cart always gets us back...lol....come on out...your liver might not make it back though.

Comment

Working...
                          X