Danica Interview on Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danica Interview on Speed

I don't think Danica Patrick did herself a lot of good doing that Speed interview with the guy in Charlotte. He asked all the right qiestions. She opened up. I don't think she realized who she was talking to - the NASCAR fans.

She said, I'm paraphrasing of course, because it all came by too fast in real time -

"I open up a magazine, and WOW, that's me. I watch TV and there's a commercial, and WOW, that's ME! My husband and I went to South Africa on a vacation, and nobody knew who I was.. I was like....I enjoy the special treatment better."

She sure can drive, or she wouldn't be where she is.

But....but....but....I can't complete that next thought. I just can't. I'm without words or a storyline, and that's rare.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

trying to figure out how to watch Daytona with the volume off.

There is a drinking game in there. Take Danica or the field, who ever gets mentioned has to drink. Whomever has Danica passed out by first Caution.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post

There is a drinking game in there. Take Danica or the field, who ever gets mentioned has to drink. Whomever has Danica passed out by first Caution.
      ...Unless the first caution is on the first or second lap because Danica caused it....but she'll be so good looking doing it.

I'm sorry, I've tried to live my whole life not being "down" on anybody because there's plenty enough wrong with me and everybody else in the world. But that interview...it lasted all of two minutes, and I was nearly sickened by it. So that's how the other 1 percent lives. Nossir, I didn't like it, not a whole lot, at least.
      Last edited by pdub; January 25, 2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I've been following her since she raced karts. This gal has never been told "NO" in her life, and Daddy bought her everything she wanted. So I'm not surprised.

That said, she is a very good driver, and cute. But I don't care about NASCAR, and don't follow the Indy stuff much anymore.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post

Easy, listen to it on the radio, watch on TV, although you only need the radio, because those guys (Barny Hall, Dave Moody, ETC) paint a mental picture better than anyone in sports, my opinion of course.
          sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=studemax;604355]I've been following her since she raced karts. This gal has never been told "NO" in her life, and Daddy bought her everything she wanted. So I'm not surprised.
            QUOTE]

So, what's the story? I don't know it, and I don't think a lot of us do, either.

Daddy must have been mighty rich. Yes, I'm showing some resentment here, and it's there in real life. When I was in third grade, when the teacher asked "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I said race car driver.

I thought it was a career choice. Like any other.

I didn't know it was all about Daddy's background or money. Yeah, I'm pissed about it. So it went a whole different route. 54 years later, (although I wouldn't change a thing because it would have likely been worse), I'm pissed because I didn't have the opportunity to at least try. That was the only dream for the future I had as a kid - race car driver. Driver. I still can't change a spark plug without crossthreading it. Just drive it.
            Last edited by pdub; January 25, 2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

joey logano is no where near danica's talent level

Comment

I like her being out there . Yes she's easy on the eyes and has a bit of a temper. Kind of girl every guy likes to watch but not many want to or maybe I should say ,could to live with . Kind of like a youg Tony Stewart.....Her own worst enemy.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Yes, I'm showing some resentment here, and it's there in real life.
                  peewee... c'mon, man. See a therapist or something.
                  You CANNOT tell me your life is lessened because she got a ride, and you had no talent for driving.
                  SUCK IT UP.

You did good, and bought a Stang. When is enough "enough"?
                  Last edited by studemax; January 25, 2012, 10:08 PM.
                  Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

money talks

Comment

The list of professional race car drivers from 1960 to today will have a lot more people who were wealthy than poor.
                      Hell, Curtis turner was rich, then broke, then rich as again.

Every freaking guy in NASCAR, most of the guys in the upper level of drag racing, and virtually every dude in an open wheel car grew up in an environment where money was present. That's what the system has become because these racers have been training at one level or another since childhood.

Brian
                      Last edited by Brian Lohnes; January 25, 2012, 10:53 PM.
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Shes not a good driver, she is a piece of meat someone thinking with the wrong head tries to market shoves down the paying public's throat all the time.
                        She is nothing but a money making scheme and a smart mouthed bitch that if anyone else tried to imitate would get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                          The list of professional race car drivers from 1960 to today will have a lot more people who were wealthy than poor.
                          Hell, Curtis turner was rich, then broke, then rich as again.

Every freaking guy in NASCAR, most of the guys in the upper level of drag racing, and virtually every dude in an open wheel car grew up in an environment where money was present. That's what the system has become because these racers have been training at one level or another since childhood.

Brian
                          it sucks too , garlits didn't seem to have much money , just a lot of helop ..and force ..his poor boy stories seem like a bunch of bull

Comment

Yea, the disposable income needed today just to run a beginners cart with a kid is staggering.
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I wonder where I would've been if I grew near a track and had a Dad that had an interest in racing.

There are a lot of kids out there racing Jr Dragster, or go carts whose parents are really wealthy and their parents work hard for the kid's dream.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X