Danica Interview on Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skullbucket View Post
    Shes not a good driver, she is a piece of meat someone thinking with the wrong head tries to market shoves down the paying public's throat all the time.
    She is nothing but a money making scheme and a smart mouthed bitch that if anyone else tried to imitate would get knocked out.
    Is this too long to use for my signature?
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

a guy I work with was into motocross in his 20's.... so he got his son into it.

His son will be 16 soon - he's had 18 brand new motorcycles since his 5th birthday, they have a 35ft trailer and a 20ft toy hauler, they haul down to Florida for practice the 26th of December every year. The thousands of dollars that he's spent on bikes, parts, tires, chains, clutches, helmets, number plates, jackets, boots, gloves, etc is astounding. This guy is a regular joe.... his son has no college savings - but he's had one hellofa run at making the Loretta Lynn's for 13 years - what's more important? Who knows.

Money can do things a lack of it can't, but it's no substitue for a loving family.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Our neighbor did that for his son, I don't think he spent quite as much money though...flash forward I hear the son is now doing Heroin.
        You just never know!
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
          it sucks too , garlits didn't seem to have much money , just a lot of helop ..and force ..his poor boy stories seem like a bunch of bull
          Just a Mopar Sponcer is all.
          Force did it on Coils back and His Balls

All the money cry babies, just like always, if she has no talant, why does she not quallify last?

Whats that say about the guys behind her? Oof!
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            a guy I work with was into motocross in his 20's.... so he got his son into it.

His son will be 16 soon - he's had 18 brand new motorcycles since his 5th birthday, they have a 35ft trailer and a 20ft toy hauler, they haul down to Florida for practice the 26th of December every year. The thousands of dollars that he's spent on bikes, parts, tires, chains, clutches, helmets, number plates, jackets, boots, gloves, etc is astounding. This guy is a regular joe.... his son has no college savings - but he's had one hellofa run at making the Loretta Lynn's for 13 years - what's more important? Who knows.

Money can do things a lack of it can't, but it's no substitue for a loving family.
            My comment about the cost , was just a fact of todays world. I have some friends that have taken out 2nd and 3rd mortgages , just to have their kids reach for their dreams. Hats off to them.
            Im not bitter, as my parents tried to give me and my siblings what we needed and went without for themselves. Was I spoiled, HELL NO, but I was supported as best that they could .
            Its
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Danica will always be a lightening rod. I've watched her interviews on Dave Despain's windtunnel a couple of times. She badly needs a PR flack, or she needs some spokesman training. She's a petulant, spoiled, child.

That being said, she can drive a car. If you look at her open-wheel record in Europe, she did pretty well. There is no doubt that she'll finish ahead of a bunch of the boys once she gets the hang of NASCAR.

Doesn't change the fact that she's a spoiled brat.

To race takes money, plain and simple. Talented drivers get left at the curb constantly because they don't have the skills to corral enough money to continue. I would say that success at high levels of the sport are predicated by two things either 1. You can bring enough money to the table through your heredity, or 2. you bring enough money through you ability to gain sponsors who will back you. Being pretty, petite and the only woman in the garage pretty much rings the bell for #2.
              I'm still learning

Comment

So where do we fit Paul Menard in a Dress at ?

Comment

billionaires of nascar
                  Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; January 26, 2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                    I've been following her since she raced karts. This gal has never been told "NO" in her life, and Daddy bought her everything she wanted. So I'm not surprised.

That said, she is a very good driver, and cute. But I don't care about NASCAR, and don't follow the Indy stuff much anymore.

Ding!

I think many NASCAR fans are not ready for a petite girl to win races or finish in the top ten against more 'experienced' drivers.

Comment

first time I went to a race ..janet guthrie and ralph moody were running a badass aj foyt laguna 1977
                      Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; January 26, 2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Janet Guthrie could not carry Danica's Jock Strap, nor 1/2 the wanna bees in the Nationwide feild
                        Last edited by JeffMcKC; January 26, 2012, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I agree , but she was there

Comment

Thats a Big YUUUUP

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                              So where do we fit Paul Menard in a Dress at ?
                              No Paul Menard fits under category 1. A while back some program I was watching calculated how much money they thought Daddy had spent to get him that win. BIG numbers.
                              I'm still learning

Comment

and there are a lot more than just him that come to mind when you wonder why they are still getting rides

Comment

Working...
                                X