No announcement yet.

Danica Interview on Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What y'all said. All of ya. Yep. There it is, well in my mind at least.

As as far as life flow, the forks in the road, again, if it had been any different for me it would have probably been a lot worse. The Mister Destiny thing for sure. But the kid aspirations never leave our minds for some reason.

And Stude, having the red 'Stang surely IS enough. You're so right. Yes it is plenty enough. Seem like a reward of some type for something I never even achieved. I still can't believe Red's sitting there waiting to go. Every day, I just can't believe it. And you and Unit must be connected via Bluetooth or something, because she used those very words on me before I brought Red home - "When is enough enough?" But she gave in of course.

And now she likes Red aplenty. A lot. A whole lot. Vroom! Gosh, what a spontaneous burst of joyful laughter from her when I got all the way into Red during our countryside ride on Christmas Day...

But anyhow, from all the posts so far, and they are all fantastic, from where my mind is at on the subject of Danica, I'd have to vote Brian's a 1.0 and everybody else's 1.001. All such great stuff!
    Last edited by pdub; January 26, 2012, 02:42 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
      Danica will always be a lightening rod. I've watched her interviews on Dave Despain's windtunnel a couple of times. She badly needs a PR flack, or she needs some spokesman training. She's a petulant, spoiled, child.

That being said, she can drive a car. If you look at her open-wheel record in Europe, she did pretty well. There is no doubt that she'll finish ahead of a bunch of the boys once she gets the hang of NASCAR.

Doesn't change the fact that she's a spoiled brat.

To race takes money, plain and simple. Talented drivers get left at the curb constantly because they don't have the skills to corral enough money to continue. I would say that success at high levels of the sport are predicated by two things either 1. You can bring enough money to the table through your heredity, or 2. you bring enough money through you ability to gain sponsors who will back you. Being pretty, petite and the only woman in the garage pretty much rings the bell for #2.

Her driving skills probably come from the fact that daddy's had her working in some of the best equipment, and around some of the best drivers, probably working with top instructors - since she was in diapers. Immerse yourself completely at any level and you eventually learn how it's done.

Look at Force's daughters. Teenagers driving Top Fuel Funnycars...!

Personally, I can't stand her voice so I don't pay attention to the interviews. Its like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. And she's got friggin' MAN HANDS!! YIKES!!!
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Man hands....

Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

the Auto Racing Feudal System of Royal Families And SERFS

Comment

Like all racing now days its not really about the driver on the track like it used to be.

Its the team and car, you can see the skill of the Driver when something goes wrong,,,,,,,,
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

spending money on racing instead of twinkies ..good idea

Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; January 27, 2012, 06:23 AM.

Comment

I'd let her drive our car.
                Originally posted by TC
                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

ALEXIS DEJOURNA is my kind of driver

Comment

Comment

Now, you wanna talk about Daddy's money!
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                        ALEXIS DEJOURNA is my kind of driver
                        I don't know very much, but I don't think that will buff out.

Comment

I don't know very much, but I don't think that will buff out.
                          You're learning, ain't ya?
                          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                            You're learning, ain't ya?
                            Yeah, though slowly. I already knew that decelleration trauma will damage the paint on ANY car.

Comment

COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
                              X