Tirerack is dead to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tirerack is dead to me.

A good deal on tirerack becomes an awful deal as soon as you need to send something back. From now on I'll pay more and shop locally. Really though it's going to suck for them since im in IT and on the Internet alllllll day long....... Thanks for the thread I feel better.

If you care what happened... I ordered two pirellis for the f150. They showed up w/o the white letters I ordered so I call. 1st customer no service lady was like, "well you got what you ordered." Perturbed, I logged onto my account and noticed a discrepancy. The picture is white letter tires! But oh, my bad, it says Blackwell in tHe descripTion. So I call back.... This time I get a much nicer lady and I explain the way the website is setup causes confusion and I suggested big red letters that say THE PICTURE IS WRONG etc... She actually logs onto the site and agrees with my assessment of the discrepancy. She asks if I want to send the tires back and I say no.... I say I can just have the other two turned around to have all blackwalls, but a 10off or something would be nice...

She can't do this but again insists I send them back saying she'll pay the shipping and UPS will even pick them up. Well what's the harm? I agree and order two white letters this time. Then I feel great about how awesome tire rack is and how smart I am for choosing them to do my business.

Then I notice the charges today. Not only did the screw me on the shipping promise they double charged me shipping on my new order. To end this I got tHe double charge back but they refuse to honor the prior arrangement. In other words all in all I was charged 175 in shipping for two freaking tires!

Moral of the story.. Shop locally if you can and avoid the tire racket.
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

I've bought tires from them in the past, everything went smoothly but then again, I didn't have to return anything. That seems to be the tone of business today. Everything is compartmentized and no one can do anything on their own along with being able to communicate with any one else with in the company. I guess just give your CC company a call. Yeah, I know what you mean about doing business locally. Service! That's what's going to local companies. I needed 4 tires for my 06 Freestar. Money is tight at the moment. So.. I was on fleabay checking out tires. Happen to notice my Freestar uses the exact same size as Crown Vics. See a lot of Good Year and Firestone off state poe-leece vehicle apparently once they get a flat they have to replace the tire. Not sure if it's just the tire or all the tires on the axle for a matched set. I check out a local used tire store by me in PA, got 4 Firestone Firehawk GT Pursuit 6 ply, W speed rating in like new shape about 6 months old for $220 installed! Awesome.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

My son (actually, step-son) is a Discount Tire manager and he takes care of Pop pretty well. He calls from his store in Michigan to the Discount in Raleigh and they HANDLE it. The service is always excellent and they're easy to deal with. They even recommended a restaurant last time and kept me out of one I had chosen that turned out to have a bad rep. Anyhow, finished lunch and there were 4 new Michelins on the new Dodge. They are pricey no matter where you get them but from Discount they are as un-pricey as possible.

We also have Black's Tire locally and they're pretty good. I needed the last set on the Dakota in a hurry and went there. I paid a little more than at Discount but not bad and they rotate them whenever I show up for free so that's kind of nice. Discount will do that too but I'd have to drive 100 miles to Raleigh.

So yeah - buy local if you can
      Dan

Comment

Yep. I really try to buy tires from the Tires Plus here in town because they have taken good care of me over the years.

I do, however, use tirerack and discounttire.com to research tires. You can learn a lot from those two websites... but it's amazing what's available that they don't list on either website.

Comment

I've been using Tire Rack for a long time. I bought 4 tires for my truck and had them "roadforce" balanced at a local shop. One of them was WAY out of line. Tirerack PAID for me to pick up a replacement at a local independent Goodyear store, then they sent out UPS to pick up the bad one. Excellent customer service in my book.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I buy blems from used tire shops and pay HALF - meh, im a cheap basterd
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I buy tires from Discount Tire's Wholesale division........Anyone know what their name is??

Here's how Discount Tire breaks down....

Discount Tire is their Retail locations.....

Discount Tire Direct is their mail order/internet sales.....

And Direct Performance(oops gave it away) is their wholesale division that sells to tire shops and repair shops......

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                I buy tires from Discount Tire's Wholesale division........Anyone know what their name is??

Here's how Discount Tire breaks down....

Discount Tire is their Retail locations.....

Discount Tire Direct is their mail order/internet sales.....

And Direct Performance(oops gave it away) is their wholesale division that sells to tire shops and repair shops......
                discount tire direct is where I keep my tire in a watch list..

never went ahead with a sale yet, but it is my next one.

locally, tires are some undergound elite apparently. I have never EVER got a good tire..and even an attitude after paying too much.

to hell with my local.

I like getting up close to the 25 year wheel anyway:

a garage next door owes a free mounting..and knows these wheels don't get bead weights, a bit like a tractor trailer.

that is the last thing to beware of locally...the morons that could be hack mounting the tread.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

i can assure you THIS local tire guy appreciates when folks choose to shop local....
                  Charles

Comment

I go to the local America's Tire which is related to to Discount Tire online. Amazing service, the road hazard replacement deal is real, they've done two for me. they didn't blink when I brought a set of wheels and race tires that were brands they don't sell and still did great work mounting and balancing. Online prices, local service and set-up, what's not to like?
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Chad and I pulled over and changed a lady's tire for her in the rain on Monday. We knocked that job out in less than 10 minutes and she was super appreciative.

(sorry for the hijack....at least it involved tires!)

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                        Chad and I pulled over and changed a lady's tire for her in the rain on Monday. We knocked that job out in less than 10 minutes and she was super appreciative.

Brian
                        Bangshift roadside assistance.
                        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post

Brian
                          Awesome - nice work lads - good karma.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Good job guys! You two get a "Attaboy" from me (one each, at least)! Of course, 1 "Awshit" wipes out all accumulated "Attaboys" but I'm not in charge of that department.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X