Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian V6 Computers

Howdy,

Can any of our Aussie members try to find me a factory ECM (if they don't use chips which from what I've read they don't) from one of these cars?
    2002 onwards

VY Commodore Executive - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

VY Commodore Acclaim - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

VY Commodores S pac - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

VY Commodore SS - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

VY Commodore Berlina - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

VY Calais - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

WH (VY based) Statesman - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

WH (VY based) Caprice - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

Holden CV6 (VY Based) Coupe - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

2000 onwards

VX Commodore Executive - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

VX Commodore Acclaim - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

VX Commodores S pac - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

VX Commodore SS - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

VX Commodore Berlina - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

VX Calais - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

WH (VX based) Statesman - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

WH (VX based) Caprice - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

HSV XU6 (VX based) Sports Sedan - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

Holden CV6 (VX Based) Coupe - Supercharged or Ecotec V6

For some reason I want to start with a supercharge RWD ECM rather than a FWD ECM. I don't really have any reason why other than 4L60E controls.

Thanks,
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: Australian V6 Computers

they call it ecotec vee six down under ?

Comment

looks like it. I just asked google for Australian L67 information and this is the vehicle list that came back from a tuning company.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

These guys aren't far from me..

I will help with any pick-up and postage to you if you need.

I spoke just with them and Brian needs more information.. He says he has about 8 different types on the shelf that suit all these models, so your exact driveline combination and as many details as possible would be required..

Also, prices would be less than AU$100 each.

So far, s-charged V6 w/4L60E..

Comment

PS If you want to call Brian yourself, dial your international access code, then 61 for Australia's country code and then 3 97582955. (0011? 61 3 97582955)
          The time here now is 10:30am Monday. (Compare with this post's time and calclate the difference if you get this later.)

Comment

Hmmm... I don't really know much about these systems more than what the US FWD supercharged and RWD NA setups used.
            Supercharged 3800 RWD motor with a 4L60E trans, OBDII compatable if that term exists down there (basically flash memory vs EPROMS and the US ones had 3 O2 sensors on the F-body but the Holden's might have true duals which would mean 4 O2s for post CAT monitoring), cable throttle, I'm guessing newest that still has a cable throttle. A harness might not hurt either, can you check how much an engine harness costs aswell? No idea on conversion, how much is that in USD right now?

I've only got a Cell phone and I'm not sure I want to get long distance access fees for an international call. I'll probably email him later if this is taking too much of your time. If it comes to needing to call I'll get a calling card like I do for my fiance's family in India.

Thanks!!!
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

An email directly to them might be better only because it will cut out any misinterpretations from the middle-man! It will save me relaying their questions back to you, and lot's of time too.

I wish I could help with the technical side, but these are things I have little to no experience with..

I also have a friend who works for the RACV (AAA roadside equivelant), and he's pretty good with this stuff..
              I'll see if he knows what you need and what might be compatible.

Comment

Emailed him, we'll se how this goes. Thanks for the point of contact Steve.
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR

I've only got a Cell phone and I'm not sure I want to get long distance access fees for an international call. I'll probably email him later if this is taking too much of your time. If it comes to needing to call I'll get a calling card like I do for my fiance's family in India.

Thanks!!!
                  getting a little off-topic but Steve has hooked you up already from the sounds of it. Something I've found that works wayyy better than a calling card is voipcheap.com, rates here:
                  Want to call for free? Go crazy and make unlimited free calls using our Freedays!

India is 11 cents a minute and Australia is free if there is money in your account...all the ones that say "free" are like that, a 5 cent connect fee per call and no per-minute charges, 300 minutes per week using a standard phone. the sites a little unclear what the charges are, but that's what I've found. Also if you have high speed internet and a microphone/headset hooked up it's 100% free for the ones listed as free destinations.

Comment

Any luck, I've not recieved an email back from these guys.

Thanks,
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

CTX your sickness is awesome. I like where you are going with this...
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                      X