so what the hell is going on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what the hell is going on....

I have lived in central Pa. all my 26 years. I have heard the choppers and a10s so many times from Ft indaintown Gap that I seldom really notice them anymore.

Till now, for the past hour+ choppers have been flying over, low and slow, and I mean very low, and very slow. some are going north /south, others east/west. and there are a bunch of a10s flying above them.

They are that low, you can see the coffee in my coffee cup vibrate.

If I didnt know better , I would think they are looking for somebody...guess Ill stay inside, I always look guilty to the authorities !
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
    I have lived in central Pa. all my 26 years. I have heard the choppers and a10s so many times from Ft indaintown Gap that I seldom really notice them anymore.

Till now, for the past hour+ choppers have been flying over, low and slow, and I mean very low, and very slow. some are going north /south, others east/west. and there are a bunch of a10s flying above them.

If I didnt know better , I would think they are looking for somebody...guess Ill stay inside, I always look guilty to the authorities !
    As long as your a US citizen the Military can't do squat to you, they are not allowed to turn their guns against the citizens of the United States........I say pull the GTO out and do a Smokey ass burnout for them, I'm sure they will love it!!!..........

Comment

Well, Reading used to be an air base. I've seen lot's of touch and go type activity when I was in school there as I'm sure you have. Maybe they've got some training going on? Or it's where Turk's been flying!
      Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

im about perfectly in the middle of reading regional ( Spatz field) and Ft.Indiantown gap but south of both. was just weird to see them going both n/s and e/w at the same time , like searching a grid. and having A10s fly above them.

Once we had a spooky gun ship fly over so low, I swear I could see the pilots! it blew the trees around, and just kept on flying down the valley following the contour of the ground. was cool to watch!
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Didnt you see the news about the military cuts? They are taking them to auction.

Comment

Obama was in ann arbor today - flew in last night - this morning there was a state trooper or county sherrif on both sides of every over pass over 94 - I assume that was his route back to the airport.

Do you suppose what you were seeing was some kind of "threat alert" along the flight path of airforce one getting him back to the white house this afternoon?

Seems like a strange coincidence.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It wouldn't be logical to go over that area from Ann Arbor, however, logical to us and logical to someone concerned with protecting a special individual is certainly different.
              Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Then again, Reading is Reading and they could be looking for someone.
                Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

they can't launch that price for a person. never will.

white house orders can do paranoid things however.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                    As long as your a US citizen the Military can't do squat to you, they are not allowed to turn their guns against the citizens of the United States........I say pull the GTO out and do a Smokey ass burnout for them, I'm sure they will love it!!!..........
                    you'd think that's true, but the Patriot Act and its progeny have made that a less clear statement. For certain, the military can spy on; question; imprison; and even shoot an American citizen all while on US soil. And that's in clear opposite of what the US Constitution says (not just the addendum Bill of Rights).
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

paterno fly by

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post

My buddy and I were wondering the same thing, went to the shop after work, choppers everywhere, shits falling off the shelf, weird to say the least.
                        sigpic

Comment

funny you guys mention this, where I work is under the flight path for planes landing at Ellington Field south of Houston, thats where NASA keeps thier trainers, the "vomit comet", and was a stopping point for thier 747 that hauled the space shuttle around. There was a C-130 doing touch and goes and 3- CH53s flying around all day, something must be up
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

when it happens around here , we get really scared

Comment

TC, I dont care if the fly over, hell they can land in my back yard. I just wonder why they were doing it. Looking for somebody.... If so...I wanted to be ready in case I got a " surprise visitor "
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Working...
                              X