Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do they do, just give anyone a Captain's licence??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do they do, just give anyone a Captain's licence??

Nice going Cap...........

Ship strikes Kentucky bridge, portion collapses
    Last edited by TC; January 27, 2012, 02:33 PM.

Dont you watch TV ...we all have a little CAPTAIN in us! In 2 hrs Ill increase My Capt. Morgan level!
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
      Let's not judge so quickly. There's a chance the big boat was anchored, and the giant tangle of metal spaghetti was just drifing along downstream and somehow got entangled upon the big boat as shown.....{good place for a political statement, but not here for sure}
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Thats Gilligans Boat
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

the dumbest part of the article is pretending the other 100% of america knows what in freaking hell river the bridge is crossing.

not even wikipedia identified what it is crossing.

is it a river? the atlantic ocean in central kentucky?
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Captain (thinking): "We're gonna make it... we're gonna make it... we're gonna make it...."
            First mate (thinking): "We're gonna crash... we're gonna crash... we're gonna crash...."
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
              the dumbest part of the article is pretending the other 100% of america knows what in freaking hell river the bridge is crossing.

not even wikipedia identified what it is crossing.

is it a river? the atlantic ocean in central kentucky?
              From the article linked:
              "They said the collapse meant vehicles needing to cross the Kentucky Lake reservoir and the Tennessee River had to be detoured for dozens of miles."
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                Captain (thinking): "We're gonna make it... we're gonna make it... we're gonna make it...."
                First mate (thinking): "We're gonna crash... we're gonna crash... we're gonna crash...."
                I've been on a very similar ride on a 17-foot pontoon boat. My sister and her husband (driving the boat) and Sue Uint and I and several dogs going on the most leisurely ride ever. All over Lake Greenwood in SC. There's a railroad bridge across the lake, about six feet above water level when the lake is at normal pond. Going about four MPH with the fold-back canvas roof up on the pontoon boat to keep the sun off of us. Nice ride, really nice. Never more relaxed.

We were about twenty feet from the bridge when my sister said, "Can we make it make it under there with the roof up?"

My brother-in-law said,"Hell, no." He went full reverse but to no avail. We went under the bridge which ever-so-slowly tore the whole top off of the pontoon boat and the poles and canvas fell all on us. No injuries except to...well, no physical injuries. That time, the captain may have had a few beers....just too pretty a day to think about a lot of silly details like that.
                Last edited by pdub; January 27, 2012, 03:48 PM.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

he missed it by "this" much (said in my best Maxwell Smart voice)
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I was thinking it was the perfect mixture of a freighter and a Birdcage Maseratti.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X