Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do they do, just give anyone a Captain's licence??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanStokes
    replied
    I was thinking it was the perfect mixture of a freighter and a Birdcage Maseratti.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    he missed it by "this" much (said in my best Maxwell Smart voice)

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Captain (thinking): "We're gonna make it... we're gonna make it... we're gonna make it...."
    First mate (thinking): "We're gonna crash... we're gonna crash... we're gonna crash...."
    I've been on a very similar ride on a 17-foot pontoon boat. My sister and her husband (driving the boat) and Sue Uint and I and several dogs going on the most leisurely ride ever. All over Lake Greenwood in SC. There's a railroad bridge across the lake, about six feet above water level when the lake is at normal pond. Going about four MPH with the fold-back canvas roof up on the pontoon boat to keep the sun off of us. Nice ride, really nice. Never more relaxed.

We were about twenty feet from the bridge when my sister said, "Can we make it make it under there with the roof up?"

My brother-in-law said,"Hell, no." He went full reverse but to no avail. We went under the bridge which ever-so-slowly tore the whole top off of the pontoon boat and the poles and canvas fell all on us. No injuries except to...well, no physical injuries. That time, the captain may have had a few beers....just too pretty a day to think about a lot of silly details like that.
    Last edited by pdub; January 27, 2012, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied
    Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
    the dumbest part of the article is pretending the other 100% of america knows what in freaking hell river the bridge is crossing.

not even wikipedia identified what it is crossing.

is it a river? the atlantic ocean in central kentucky?
    From the article linked:
    "They said the collapse meant vehicles needing to cross the Kentucky Lake reservoir and the Tennessee River had to be detoured for dozens of miles."

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Captain (thinking): "We're gonna make it... we're gonna make it... we're gonna make it...."
    First mate (thinking): "We're gonna crash... we're gonna crash... we're gonna crash...."

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    the dumbest part of the article is pretending the other 100% of america knows what in freaking hell river the bridge is crossing.

not even wikipedia identified what it is crossing.

is it a river? the atlantic ocean in central kentucky?

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Thats Gilligans Boat

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by TC View Post
    Let's not judge so quickly. There's a chance the big boat was anchored, and the giant tangle of metal spaghetti was just drifing along downstream and somehow got entangled upon the big boat as shown.....{good place for a political statement, but not here for sure}

Leave a comment:

• ls7gto
    replied
    Dont you watch TV ...we all have a little CAPTAIN in us! In 2 hrs Ill increase My Capt. Morgan level!

Leave a comment:

• TC
    started a topic What do they do, just give anyone a Captain's licence??

What do they do, just give anyone a Captain's licence??

Nice going Cap...........

Ship strikes Kentucky bridge, portion collapses
    Last edited by TC; January 27, 2012, 02:33 PM.
Working...
X