No announcement yet.

A Love Affair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sue - I just got ME a key fob for the "new" Dodge truck, which only came with one. It was $35 from keyfobremotes.com or something like that. I just Googled for "keyless remotes". It was WAY cheaper than the dealer. They'll send you the procedure to program it, which is pretty easy if you have a programmed unit to work from. You just take the programmed unit and the new one out to the car and follow the steps. Probably save you a TON of $$.

Dan

Comment

Dan,
      This is BIG.
      The key to the Mustang and the fob are seperate. Remember we are talking 2006. Do you mean you got a key and a fob for ME? If so, I will look into it tonight! Thanks so much.

Comment

Hmmm , here is REDS brother with tattoos ( stripes) , Been working out at the Gym( cams , heads ) , deep voice ( headers, x pipe and mufflers.). Guess you could say its the bad boy brother.. lol

Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Thats a Bad,Bad Brother.

Comment

Gosh, He is handsome.

Red will never have that snow and ice coating. WE baby him, he has a garage, and it doesnt often snow that much in TN.

Comment

Yep. The fob and key are separate for the Big Dodge (he hasn't told us his name yet). He came with 2 keys but just 1 fob and we'll be taking long trips in him so ME wanted a fob of her own. BTW - pretty much anyone can cut the key as long as it doesn't have a computer chip in it. In fact, I was at the hardware yesterday and they had a sign up that said they could do the ones WITH the chip - no clue on the price.

I dug thru the recycle bin and found the paperwork for our fob. The company is:
              <keyless-remotes.com>

For some reason I wanted to type <Klueless-remotes.com> but I don't think that'll get you what you need! I liked that they seemed to be pretty straightforward in their website and their prices were good. Some of their fobs are rebuilt, some are just used, and the one we got sure looked brand new.

I just looked it up - yours is $29.95 and is listed as new. As I mentioned, it comes with programming instructions.

Hope this helps
              Dan
              Last edited by DanStokes; January 30, 2012, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Dan,
                Thank you so much. That was so sweet of you.
                Being impatient, however, I hotrodded myself to the Ford dealership this morning.
                I am now the proud owner of my own key and fob.
                Funny how much closer the dealership seems when it is such a fun ride to get there. Arrived too soon, got back home too soon.
                Oh yea, I am a goner.
                First you folks ruined pdub, and now Red has ruined me.
                Entry ramps to the interstate are pure fun. Changing lanes? wonderful. And I didn't even exceed the speed limit. Downshifting....fantastic. But you guys know all this. Just feeling all that power, knowing it is there. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                  Gosh, He is handsome.

Red will never have that snow and ice coating. WE baby him, he has a garage, and it doesnt often snow that much in TN.
                  That was last year, had no room at the inn. This year He will be Inside under a cover when and if the weather gets bad.
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
                    Thats a Bad,Bad Brother.
                    It sure is. Red's studly twin brother on steroids. WOW! Twins all the way on the outside before the stripes (those are cool!), same wheels, except my eyes are missing the fogs and the horse on the front grill of Thunderin' Red Almghty....Wow, whatta NUTHER ride!

Unit drove Red today all by herself (remember the Monday Wednesday Friday schedule?) and I have to say she's absolutely giddy. Little girl giddy. Like giddy-up Red! I tried to get her to type it up here, she's had me laughing and grinning all day about it. She kept calling me at work from the car - "Do you wanna I should bring you Red at work so you can drive him home (wanting to drive Red farther)?" No honey, hang up and drive. Enjoy the car.

She sure did. When I got home I said to tell the BSer's all about it. She answered, "What could I tell the hotrodders? That I drove the car and enjoyed it?"

Yeah, but they'll never know how MUCH. Grins at Weeville, all around.
                    Last edited by pdub; January 30, 2012, 01:42 PM.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

yea, I put in the bullet grill , a fr500 frt spoiler and tail light backout panel ( to remove the fake gas cap on the trunk panel) . I wanna ditch the rear spoiler yet.....then Ill shoot some new pics
                      It has Fords motorsport cams, Ircms removed, long tube headers, underdrive pulleys. cold air intake , no cats , x -pipe , and magnaflow mufflers. 4.10 gears with a detroit tru-trac, moser axles, BMR upr /lower control arms with lower control arm relocators . I use a SCT programmer . All the sound deadener has been removed too. It was a repo at the dealership I work at and since we couldnt sell it like that, I got it for a good price. Last time we dynoed it, it made 375 hp and 335 tq at he back wheels.
                      I havent decided on how long Ill keep it...not long if I dont get back to work soon!
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Dang. That's way too cool. WOW. I mean, WOW.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

here it is before I bought it! ( previous owner) I since then swapped the grill. ( they took the nitrous off before it was repoed , the dyno pulls are on the Engine.)
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Working...
                          X