No announcement yet.

Got the shoebox out today.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear other parts of the country are getting warm temps. I got sun burnt putting the intake back on the Monte Carlo....again.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I took my 55 to a show about 80 miles away, in Tubac AZ. There were a couple hundred cars there, it's a neat show where they get a little of everything. A row of Tbirds, a couple rows of British cars (from a bugeye sprite to a few Rolls with an AC Ace and a Healy 300 thrown in for good measure) to a Volvo 444 and a Lincoln Zephyr and a Franklin. Also a handful of Farraris, and both an old and a new Gullwing mercedes. Plus a bunch of street rods, muscle cars, and 50s cars, both restored original and hot rodded. I did take a few pics.
      Attached Files
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

A few more.

The Porsche is a rare model, there were only two of them at the show. The row of Panteras is kind of typical here, lots of cars you don't see very often. My friend Rick had some fan belt trouble, so he got into position and really gave it to his car!

The Wedge has an aluminum Buick motor between the seats.
        Attached Files
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics. The 57 post car and the Volvo? are sweet. Weather in Georgia has been great for January, lots of 60s and some low 70s. Getting the Impala out today and got the Camaro out last weekend. Nice to warm up the oil every now and then.
          Don
          "Big cars need lovin too"

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            A few more.

The Porsche is a rare model, there were only two of them at the show. The row of Panteras is kind of typical here, lots of cars you don't see very often. My friend Rick had some fan belt trouble, so he got into position and really gave it to his car!

The Wedge has an aluminum Buick motor between the seats.
            Good stuff.........I'm jealous

Car show in January..........awesome!
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Might have hit 50F for a second or two today, got the wagon out, put the Formula 350 wheels on to see what it looked like, took some pics, gotta say I think the wheels look great on the car, I'm happy. Now I need to find cheap used drop spindles for the front, about 2" should do, and bring the back wheels out an inch or so, wheels have 255/55/16 on em and the tire is just barely away from the frame in the rear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FormUWheel (10).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	859961Click image for larger version

Name:	FormUWheel (13.1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	859962
              sigpic

Comment

That is a sweet wagon. Don't see many of that vintage Pontiacs.
                1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

I junked one when the roof rotted

Comment

Darn you Spidey!!!! lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Way to go guys and keep those pictures coming, I'm jealous of all of you! I'm pitiful, the BBC tube car hasn't been out of the garage in almost a year and a half and Purple I hasn't been out since I went to George Ray's strip in Arkansas a few months ago but I'm thinking about fixing that!
                      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I put 140 miles on the Chevy II last Saturday, but then again, it was a sunny 70 degrees and I met up with 120+ other nova enthusiasts. It was a fun day.
                        6 in a row, makes it go!!
                        My Car

Comment

Working...
                        X