Yep, it's official...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, it's official...

After many talks with my wife, we've decided that we're going to move to the Springfield, Missouri area near the end of February. I'm finishing my transition from the Navy right now, and my official retirement date is 29 February 2012. We had considered moving back to West Virginia, but with my wife's restless leg syndrome, the weather there is just not agreeable. Te job situation in WV is also pretty dismal. So to all the "Show Me" State BS members, you're about to have a new neighbor!
    Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

good luck bro

Comment

Springfield is a nice area. Just north of Branson and a short drive to the local drag strip.
      Maybe catch you there sometime. http://www.ozarkracewaypark.com/

Glenn
      Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Well that's perfect........I stay in Springfield couple times at month......at the Hampton on Glenstone.

Housing should be real affordable and there are lots great areas surrounding.
        Lots of car stuff/events there too.

Send me a pm when you get situated and we can do lunch (on me) one day.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

A couple of real nice BS'rs (Chuck and Jill) own the Silverleaf Taproom in Springfield. You should stop in and say hi
          Donna
          Williamston, MI
          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

sweet welcome to the show me state. maybe we can set up a show me state meetup ?

Comment

Fair winds chief! Enjoy your retirement. Don't know anything about MO, but I look forward to that point in my career where I get to pick where I want to live!
              1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Congrats on the retirement Shannon!
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Congrats on the retirement , and thank you for your service.
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor2 View Post
                    After many talks with my wife, we've decided that we're going to move to the Springfield, Missouri area near the end of February. I'm finishing my transition from the Navy right now, and my official retirement date is 29 February 2012. We had considered moving back to West Virginia, but with my wife's restless leg syndrome, the weather there is just not agreeable. Te job situation in WV is also pretty dismal. So to all the "Show Me" State BS members, you're about to have a new neighbor!
                    Nice. A bit hot and humid in summer, but far enough south not to be frozen solid all winter. You're also an hour, or so from Lake of the Ozarks.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Not sure why you'd pick MO over Wilmington, NC but to each his own. Seriously, hope your post-Navy life is rewarding and fulfilling - and FUN. We did a family reunion in Branson and had a great time. It IS a pretty area, but no ocean.

Dan

Comment

And that's PRECISELY why I want to move there...no ocean! LOL Thanks for the kind wishes, everyone. I'm hoping to find some employment quick out there. Maybe even go to back to school. I'll look some of you guys up once I get settled in.

Comment

I am from WV also back in the day, if you want to truck ,you would be in great shape. I live in East Tn now, a bit farther South, not much, but Norris Lake is nice in the summer, come on down.

Comment

Springfield is a nice place! Not too far from anything really...and close to Lambert's!
                            http://www.throwedrolls.com/
                            "We can't stop here, IT's bat country!"

Comment

Originally posted by realsteelfreak View Post
                              I am from WV also back in the day, if you want to truck ,you would be in great shape. I live in East Tn now, a bit farther South, not much, but Norris Lake is nice in the summer, come on down.
                              What part of WV are you from??

Comment

Working...
                              X