Thanks everyone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks everyone...

As a lot of you probably know, my grandfather passed away early this morning. The end came peacefully and quietly for him. A lot of you have sent notes via e-mail, facebook, private messages here on the site and over the phone. They all mean a lot to me and I wanted to say thanks.

I am thankful that I was able to spend a bunch of time with him over the last couple of months and spent some quality time with him before traveling over the last couple of weeks. He was an exceptionally decent man who could swing a hammer like Thor deep into his seventh decade. We will bid him a final adieu on Thursday, so I know that day is going to suck out loud.

Again, thanks to everyone who has reached out in one way or another.

I shot the photo below a couple weeks ago on a Sunday day trip with Kerri and the boys. These words are proving to be very true at the current time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; January 29, 2012, 07:52 PM.
    That which you manifest is before you.

My condolences Brian. I am sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
      My condolences Brian. I am sorry for your loss.
      x2
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear Brian, condolences to you and your family.

Comment

My condolences to you and your family Brian. It seems both of you were lucky enough to enjoy each others company more in his final days. May he continue to guide you and watch over you.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Again sorry for your loss.....was also good your
            boys got to know him as well.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Feb 6th will be both my B-Day and the passing of my G'Pa 17 years ago.I go and visit,drink a beer and leave one for him.Remember the lessons you have learned.Godspeed Brian.

Comment

Sorry for you and your familes loss. glad you had time to spend with him.

Comment

Sorry to hear Brian, I'll keep some good thoughts for you and your family........

Comment

although i have yet to meet more than a handfull of bs members, it seems to me that we are all 1 big family. so sorry for your loss and remember to charish to good times that you had.

Comment

my condolences, it's tough losing those we are close to
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'm saddened for your family's loss Brian, and at the same time happy you got to spend quality time with him. I was with my mom for her last five weeks, and it meant a ton to me to be able to say the things I wanted and needed to before she left. Hang in there brother, we're keeping you and your family in our thoughts.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Very sorry for your loss. Glad you got to spend the time you did with him. That will become more important as time goes by.
                          Donna
                          Williamston, MI
                          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Happy that you were close with him and obviously loved him.
                            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I am sorry for your loss.
                              Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Working...
                              X