what I WILL NOT try on my snowmobile!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what I WILL NOT try on my snowmobile!

hard to believe there is room on the seat for him and his NARDS !
    Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
    Last edited by ls7gto; January 30, 2012, 01:36 PM.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Or this !

Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Did you see the two guys who were miffed about the scoring? Both jumped on the same sled together and did a backflip. Crazy.
      1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
      1997 Mustang GT
      sigpic

Comment

missed that,damn! did you see the double frt flip on a sled, but he Fell off on the landing! people are crazy....
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

no snow

Comment

I am a believer that nothing has enough power...
            my friend was telling me about a good deal on a sled that was detuned somewhat from racing to be a normal sale, still had holes for the separated pipes..so I went and bought it first look, quick blip around the dealers yard...

it took almost a whole season before i figured out how much space I needed just to go full throttle.
            speedo stopped at 110, and tach stopped at 11,000..it buried both.

600 triple, last of the carbs..liquid cooled. hellacious. to slap injected in the face is a no-no so the world records broken with similar setups are as silent as 87 subarus.

I flew nearly the distance of a football field just by hitting a noel as fast as the sled would go... not even on the ground.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddyzee View Post
              Did you see the two guys who were miffed about the scoring? Both jumped on the same sled together and did a backflip. Crazy.
              That was from last years WinterX, gotta admire the Testicular Fortitude of these X games athletes

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                I am a believer that nothing has enough power...
                my friend was telling me about a good deal on a sled that was detuned somewhat from racing to be a normal sale, still had holes for the separated pipes..so I went and bought it first look, quick blip around the dealers yard...

it took almost a whole season before i figured out how much space I needed just to go full throttle.
                speedo stopped at 110, and tach stopped at 11,000..it buried both.

600 triple, last of the carbs..liquid cooled. hellacious. to slap injected in the face is a no-no so the world records broken with similar setups are as silent as 87 subarus.

I flew nearly the distance of a football field just by hitting a noel as fast as the sled would go... not even on the ground.
                triples are overrated, todays injected twins will wax the triples. and there is the 4 stroke turbos...
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Different triple and off topic, but take the H2 Kawasaki triple. Your response is true, but still... how many four stroke turbo's ever got named "Widowmaker" ?

I saw this stuff yesterday at dinner and my jaw hit the bar. The backflips are awe inspiring. I made some primal grunt noise and pointed GF at the tv in time for her to see the replay so she'd understand why I couldn't speak normal words. We picked up right about the time the poor guy almost pulls off this awesome double and sticks the skis, then gets trampled by his sled. Ouch.
                  Last edited by Beagle; January 31, 2012, 06:36 AM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Somebody posted a article On the Kawasaki twins. I have ridden then...and they are friggan SCARY!
                    My triple 800 cc sled has 148 hp stock and thats a 1998! todays 800 twins have 175 and are alot lighter, handle better and have the same top speed. I couldn't imaging how nasty a modern l 2 stroke multi cyl bike could be with todays tech. The new 2 -strokes don't even leave a oil ring on the ground when you fire them up!
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

It's going to be 60 degrees here today! I don't think anyone is doing anything!
                      I've riden a few polaris 800 injected twins and it's a world appart from my old 650 carbed triple. I'm a sucker for the vintage ones though. Like my 540 fan cooled.....75 mph is as fast as I need to go, going any faster and I'm just along for the ride.
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

75 mph on a 540 fan , thats a good running sled! No snow here either.....my 583 and 800 are just sitting.
                        Last edited by ls7gto; January 31, 2012, 08:56 AM.
                        Reading , Pa
                        Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

It's a Yamaha!
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I have ski doos, a 583 "wet" twin ( 85/90mph) and a Mach z 800 wet triple/triple...( 100 + )
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Working...
                            X