One of those times I am proud to do what I do OR "Pimp TSgt Mapps's ride"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those times I am proud to do what I do OR "Pimp TSgt Mapps's ride"

Last weekend one of our guys was in a motorcycle accident and was badly injured. The individual has a late 70's Cutlass but it does not run and has not for some time. He doesnt have the knowledge to get the car running so he was relying on his motorcycle as a daily driver. Adding to that, his funds are limited becasue his wife has been out of work.

So his bosses have asked for help. We are passing the hat for money and looking for folks who can turn a wrench on a car. I stepped up and will be working with a few others to get this thing running. His bosses have secured garage space and tools in a secure location so work will start soon.

If you all are interested I will post up a thread of the events and if the situation should arise where we run into one of those "WTF" moments you all are welcome to chime in.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

good deal....wish my friends wouldve finished the GTO when I was hurt! j/k Actually I had friends stopping just take me for rides in their hotrods! ( I kinda felt like that little kid in the red sovine song. )
    Its a cool thing your doing, and I know he will appreciate it.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Heck yea! start a project thread. If I have any extra A body parts that'll work for the cutlass they're yours.
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Right on, thanks. I am lookinf forward to getting under the hood of this thing to see whats up.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I'm in.........let me know where to send some funds
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Joe, when you start the thread and get a photo or two of the car, I would like to run it on the front page.

Awesome deal.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Joe, you are a good guy. Best of luck on this and I'll help where I can. Too bad you're SO far away!

Dan

Comment

Very cool Joe - AF Overhaulin' !!!
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  I'm in. Also got some pretty big JY's up here.
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                    Same here. Let us know specifics on the car and what you'll need as soon as you can so we can keep an eye out for parts and stuff.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Thanks for the offers to help guys, it is much appreciated. I want to be clear that this is none of my doing.
                      This is all his bosses, my only contribution here is turning a wrench when they need it.

As soon as a I get some more info I will post it up...thanks guys!

After talking with his boss today he is going to look at the vehicle to get a solid state of disrepair and formulate a list of things it needs. We are first going to tackle the items it needs such as an alternator and battery, brakes, tune up...if there is any money left over we may try to tackle some body work and maybe add some tunes...more to come.
                      Last edited by JOES66FURY; January 31, 2012, 09:15 AM.

Comment

See project section for details.

Comment

Working...
                        X