Big Insurance Thread:If You Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Insurance Thread:If You Help

I'm shopping for Full Coverage insurance for my Mustang,I Set the value at $31,000 (Just added up the parts cost's)
    Hagerty quated $512 per year. $6 a year more than my current basic liability only coverage.So thats better.
    I'm waiting on a reply from Grundy.

What other companies offer coverage for old cars?

What do you use?

Claims experience,good/bad

Don't even think of useing_________ ever! Why?

Thanks for your help.

CHROME deserves a look (since they are a PT sponsor)
    I have Hagerty myself -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

I use Grundy. They cover 2 cars at the same cost I paid Hagerty for 1.
      If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Brighton, MI

Comment

4 vehicles under a Grundy policy that costs me less than one vehicle full coverage agreed-value of $45K on the old Allstate policy. I haven't had a need to file a claim yet, but other friends who use them have not had issues for legitimate damage that was the other people's fault...

Hagerty was giving me grief because my shop is detached and is a metal building. I provided the same documentation to both parties. Grundy got the nod since Hagerty was balking at the shop.
        Livin the dream

Comment

I'm a huge Hagerty's fan. Their prices are very reasonable, their claims service is exemplary, and they go well beyond the call of duty to help.

Hagerty's claims guy saw the damage to my Buick in my detached, pole barn - nary a word was spoke about the shop except "nice shop."
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I use Grundy and highly recommend them. Had an accident on the Power Tour in Little Rock and they couldn't have been better to deal with. They told me to take the car anywhere I wanted and they would deal with the shop. After the work was done, the alignment shop couldn't get it aligned so a new spindle and control arm went on to take care of it. Not even a squawk from Grundy. They even dealt with the driver in the other car that was trying to swindle them!

Side note: went to an antique boat show in our area last year where Grundy was a vendor. Who was there pushing the product? Jim Grundy himself!

Comment

Hagerty is my choice, based on service.
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

nitrous free zone

Comment

i'm gonna add another question to the mix. how old does the car have to be in order for either grundy or heagerty to cover them? my LeMans will go as a classic car, but i'm worried about my 04 GTO. with the SAP grilles and facia not being listed as a factory options, i am sure i would have a fight on my hands with state farm to get it back the way it is. Those grilles are not cheap by anymeans. if i ever have a mechanical claim on it, getting the performance parts my be an issue as well. keep the info coming i'm looking to go to one of these 2 companies my self.

Comment

I believe that Grundy will cover "specialty" cars, cars that are limited production, or special models (Z/28, SS, Firehawk, etc.). You would have to keep it in a garage overnights at home, have a daily driver, etc... Give them a call, can't hurt to ask.

Comment

Maybe I'd better price shop before I add the Falcon to the Hagerty policy - I've never called Grundy to compare.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I use American Collectors because I was referred from my regular insurance company. Never had to make a claim but the rates are good. I used to race sailboats with my dad against Jim Grundy when I was a kid. Funny seeing him on TV now.
                        1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

My Charger's insured through State Farm for $10k, $110/year. I don't know the details really because I just fix stuff myself and haven't hit anything with it or been hit. The rest of my experience with state farm has been good though.

Comment

Working...
                          X