• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUPERBOWL thread

starting it off with a joke...

God is eating dinner alone.
    Eli Manning approaches the table and God asks, "What do you believe?"
    Manning says, "I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends.”
    God can't help but see the goodness of Manning and offers him a seat to his left.

Tim Tebow walks up and God says, "What do you believe?"
    Tebow says, "I believe in your total goodness, your love and generosity, and that you have given all to humankind.”
    God is greatly moved by Tebow’s eloquence, and offers him a seat to his right.

Finally, Tom Brady comes over to the table: God asks, "And you, Tom, what do you believe?"
    Brady replies, "I believe you're in my seat."
    Last edited by LORENSWIFE; January 31, 2012, 10:29 AM.
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Big blue

Comment

I bleed red, white, blue and silver and will be sporting my Brady jersey at the bridal fair on Sunday before going home to watch my Patriots kick some Giants ass
      Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

I'll be $hithoused by 1/2 time .... I only go to S/B parties for the food and beer!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

The Pats' defense will not be able to handle the Giants' multi-pronged attack. Hopefully a high-scoring affair, but not likely a close game based upon the very reliable pUUWAG (peewee's Ultimately Unscientific Wild Ass Guess) spread-setting system.

After running 2000 different scenarios, the system projects that it'll be the Giants by 13, but only after the Pats score 14 unanswered late in the 4th quarter to make the score look closer than the game was in the record books.

Weld that. But by all means, don't bet on it.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Who's playing again? The Yankees versus the Rangers?
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

No, it's the Penguins and the Hurricanes.

Comment

the bud shoot out is on I believe..
                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I just watch it for the commercials
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                    I just watch it for the commercials
                    DING! Ding ding ding ding ding DING!

And how many other shows can anybody say that about? Sorry. That's huge, and that part of it's huge. It's a puzzle to me. I do like football, but the commercials lure in folks who don't care at all about the game at all, and....so the spots cost a few million dollars a minute.

I like the game, I just don't get it about the commercials. Yeah, I enjoy them too, but therein lies an American advertising cash cow like no other. Companies bet their whole annual advertising budget on the success of their Super Bowl commercial.

I'll be the first to say I just don't "get it," because during the Super Bowl or on Any Given Tuesday, I don't run right out and buy a product because they have such an entertaining commercial. Maybe lots of other folks do...I've known folks who do, was related to at least one guy by marriage who did it....just haven't seen a lot of it in person.
                    Last edited by pdub; January 31, 2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I'm a Manning fan so I'm going to side with his bro Eli. The big winner of course is the city of Indianapolis. I'm happy they got a chance to host.
                      Powertour off/on since 2002
                      sigpic

Comment

styx

Comment

does anybody 100 miles west of Indiapolis give a rats ass bout the super bowl ?
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

lots of transplants

Comment

Ya my college is big on the patriots because Danny Woodhead played college ball here and is basically the almighty so there is a big party the day of and i sure hope he gets his first super bowl ring it would defintly make the jets hit their heads against the wall for letting him go.
                              GF:Did you motor blow up?
                              Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

Comment

Working...
                              X