Cool old Mexican Buses.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool old Mexican Buses.....

I think I'd like to have one of these updated....great lines for something south of the border.....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Those double deckers are cool -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

When I was a kid in 1970 we lived in Mexico City for the summer. I remember looking at the buses with 4 front wheels and wondering how they did that....

A few years later, we lived in Ensenada for a year. Some times we rode the city bus into town, the city buses were mostly Chevys from the early 50s.
      Last edited by squirrel; February 1, 2012, 06:05 AM.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        When I was a kid in 1970 we lived in Mexico City for the summer. I remember looking at the buses with 4 front wheels and wondering how they did that....

A few years later, we lived in Ensenada for a year. Some times we rode the city bus into town, the city buses were mostly Chevys from the early 50s.
        That must've been an interesting time
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Very neat!
          Probably condos now
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Any idea of the country of origin of the double steering axle buses? My knowledge of Mexican vehicle production is woefully inadequate - I 'spose they could be hecho en Mexico (did I do that right? My Spanish sucks, too.). Either way, I think they're cool.

Dan

Comment

Couple of the pictures showed mercedes emblem on the front, others showed three triangles around a circle - not familiar with that symbol.

Those things must be really heavy - two sets of duals out back, four steering tires. Wow.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                Couple of the pictures showed mercedes emblem on the front, others showed three triangles around a circle - not familiar with that symbol.

Those things must be really heavy - two sets of duals out back, four steering tires. Wow.
                John - I'm thinking really heavy or they maybe they have to operate on really bad roads and have to spread out the load? Tire mounted cranes have lots of wheels for both reasons.

Dan

Comment

I thought this thread was about these:

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I heard that the Flxible stuff all went to Mexico a while back. But I think it was after the 4 front wheel buses were first made?
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Articulated-Prevost-60'.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	860062

Prevost built these 60' Articulated Monsters back in the late 80's.
                      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Working...
                      X