Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hill picture treasure trove.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange65
    replied
    Eddie is one of my all time favorites. I loved the nuclear banana.

Leave a comment:

• AAFA
    replied
    Loved Fuzzy

My best memory of Eddie's team was Fuzzy man he would talk to you for hours after Races about how and why he tried this and that for Nitro Tune up.

He was a great person and still miss his smiling face at the track!

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied
    ed and ercie are just the best people

Leave a comment:

• A/Fuel
    replied
    Lots of cool pics.
    I remember seeing Eddie at the track, he would stay as long as there were people standing around signing autographs and just talking. Unlike a few other drivers who you never saw.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Grippo
    replied
    Great Stuff! Thanks for the heads up....

Leave a comment:

• Pumpkin
    replied
    Great pics, but my mind somehow saw Benny Hill

Leave a comment:

• Chassisman
    started a topic Eddie Hill picture treasure trove.........

Eddie Hill picture treasure trove.........

My boy is doing a paper for school about famous things that happened in Chowchilla...he's 13yo ...so..He asked if anything BESIDES the Chowchilla School Bus Kidnapping happened in Chowchilla....so...I sat him down and explained the Legend of Eddie "The Texan" Hill ...and how in the summer of 1982 he did the unthinkable... He brought a boat to our lake for an event....and set the world on fire... I explained the boat was built to set the record. It was lighter and thinner than any boat that had ever been built. It weighed 1/3 less than the other T/F boats of the day. So in his research on Eddie Hills shocking 229.00 MPH pass in 1982 he uncovered this trove of pics....enjoy.

This set is my photo tribute to drag racing legend Eddie Hill, the first drag racer into the magic 4-second zone and the 1993 NHRA Top Fuel Champion. This is an almost even split of photos I've taken and photos from other sources. This is the largest collection on the entire Internet dedicated to the great racer, my personal hero, Eddie Hill. Four of these photos are used on his article on Wikipedia which can be seen here. Eddie's Wichita Falls, Texas based motorcycle dealership website is here. One of my photos is also used on his dealership website. His unbelievable 310 mph 1997 crash in Sonoma can be seen on a YouTube clip here. Eddie has joined the Flickr community with the username of FourFather, he can be found here.

Here's Kenny Youngbloods AWESOME painting titled.... 229...

Working...
X