GM A Body Disc Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    Just get 11" inch kit from CPP. Get slotted rotors and decent pads and the car will stop great. I have their kit on my Impala and it stops just as well as the factory 12" on the Caprice.

Farting around with bits from twenty different cars isn't going get the car to stop five feet shorter and your likely to have a ton more problems.
    The more I think thru this, your way of thinking makes a lot more sense Scott. Whatever upgrade in the brake dept I go with will be a HUGE improvement over the drums.

Let me ask this: What are the differences between say CPP, Performance online, Pirate Jack's and all the other aftermarket disc swap suppliers? Are there any I should stay away from, or just go with whoever offers free shipping or free upgrades?
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

free shipping is a big deal because they're sending heavy stuff.

I liked CPP (I bought the disk brake stuff for the Spider from them), except they were kind of slow getting me the parts. But their service, and quality were quite good (service was good when I finally picked up the phone and said "hey, were's my stuff").

Also, before you order put a shout out on YB for a discount code. They're impossible to find online, and they give everyone who buys from them a discount.... that expires (otherwise I'd simply say "here's mine).

1LE is available in the aftermarket and most auto parts suppliers.
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 14, 2012, 08:00 AM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        1LE is available in the aftermarket and most auto parts suppliers.
        You're right, in my searching, Rockauto has pretty much an endless supply of 1LE parts.
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
        X