No announcement yet.

No more Car Craft for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the giant 11.5" wide rears on the '05 Mustang looks damn cool.
    1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
    1997 Mustang GT
    sigpic

Comment

I've not renewed my subscription.

I've received Car Craft for years but......for me......the topics
      just don't get my attention.

I'm down to Hot Rod and Street Rodder now.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I have a Sub to CC and HotRod. I enjoy them both. Like Scott said, CC is a little more low budget, Hot Rod has always had higher lever cars. Both have good tech articles, as long as they don't overlap or use the same articles in both magazine I will keep them both.

The internet has diminished the magazines ability to break news on new products, cars, etc. So I am sure they are trying to keep readers attention in the ADD world.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

was better as CAMARO craft

Comment

Man, I have been totally digging CC lately. Almost started a thread about it very recently. I am not a Mopar guy but totally diiiiig that cop car in the new issue. And the Boss hemi late model Mustang. I used to consider it a distant second to HR, but now I would consider them near equals. And at $24 for 3 years (for both of them), how can you not get them both? Less than a buck an issue.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

I like CC think there projects are pretty main stream, would buy it just for Crass And Bernie

Comment

I probably could have lived without my last ebay search taking up several pages, but I don't expect them to cater to me. There's some interesting junk from time to time. I'm okay with it.. not ready to toss my huge money investment in a subscription just yet. I spend more driving home, I wish it would piss me off to the point where I'd yell on a weekly basis. Damn, I'm missing something.. the guy who gets irate about Van's is upset CC has an off month/quarter?

Grouch, it probably isn't your target, as noted. WhiteWarled mud grip 'vettes aint my thing either.

/edit - and I'll step back and say I sure seem to be taking sh*t way too seriously lately. Rock on ladies and gents. All good here!
                Last edited by Beagle; February 3, 2012, 04:54 PM.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
                  I like CC think there projects are pretty main stream, would buy it just for Crass And Bernie
                  Good point..........Crass & Bernie are a good read
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I like the current Car Craft as well as Hot Rod and amazingly it seems PHR. Different POV, different editorial, ok by me. I also get 5.0 Mustang, Muscle Mustangs and Modified Mustangs, guess why?

I am still a paper magazine guy so I get Road & Track and Car and Driver and Automoble too, and yes I read too much car stuff so shoot me. I pick up Chevy Hi and Super Chevy from time to time becuase tech is tech and they do a good job on stuf that is universally applicable. I get so amny magazines 'cause I travel all the time and I read 'em on planes. Subscirptions beat paying retail at the magazine rack for me.

Hemmings finally lost me after the 20th issue of old farts with their original "muscle cars'. I am an old fart, but Jesus, I just don't care about original chalk marks and why bias ply tires are better for your 260 Falcon or whatever. And I'm sorry but a '76 Cutlass is not a muscle car. End of HMM rant.

All the books have to evolve and try to change things up a bit to see if the grass is greener, some times its not and they go back to a proven formula.

Bummed about Glad's AMC though. He told me something interesting at one of the last Anti-tours. I asked about engine swaps into light weight furrin cars like some of us used to do: SBC or SBF into 240Z or LS into RX-7 or old timey stuff like hemi into Anglia panel trucks and he no way could they do it as the core CC readership in the middle of the country revolts at the mere mention of something like that. If true its sad, but they know their audience as they get reamed pretty constantly by the narrow minded knuckle draggers as someone else said.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

And I'm sorry but a '76 Cutlass is not a muscle car. X2. I got sick and tired of those articles in every issue of HMM
                      STUGOTS

Comment

I was always more of an Auto Buff type of guy....If I'm reading a magazine it's got to have either boobs or nitro.
                        Originally posted by TC
                        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

It was a 73 Cutlass with a 455 and a 4 speed, at least it was something different to look at.Most other mags dont have any Olds or Buicks at all,how many articles can you read about the same cars over and over with different colors and options.Thats why I like HMM.

Comment

HMM is good stuff as it offers something for those of us that like cars overall...

I stopped subscribing to HRM and CC a few years ago... I'll glance through at the Barnes and Noble... I may buy a copy if there is a good article... It has not happened...

GRM is good reading, unless all you want to do is go in a straight line...

Comment

I went by the offices of GRM when I was in FL. Its cool and has a showroom out fron with some cool stuff in there. Classics Motorsports I think it was is in there too.

Comment

grass boots is mostly imports , judging from the free copies I get

Comment

Working...
                                X