Opinions/Advice needed 70 Nova SS 396

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions/Advice needed 70 Nova SS 396

Need advice/opinions on this one. Found a Nova that will be headed for the scrapyard this summer if it's not rescued by someone. With the price of metal the way it is, it will be there only long enough to be loaded into the crusher. The car is a real 70 SS 396 4 speed, bench seat car. The car has alot of issues, beginning with no motor or trans. The body will need complete restoration, qrtrs, wheelhouses, trunk and floor pans, fenders, hood, radiator support, door skins, etc. The car is missing the original bench seat, replaced by 1st Gen Camaro buckets, and the 4 speed pedals are gone. The 12 bolt 3.73 rear is still there, as are the front disc brake assys. The VIN tag is on the cowl, and the registration/paperwork is there (that's the title in NY on pre '73 cars) We know the cars history back to the early '70s, so we know its a legit car.

My question isn't so much wether or not the car can be restored, (we all know that anything can be with enough time and money) but what is this thing worth, and if it can be bought for $500.00 is it worth buying?
    I tried buying this car years ago when it was still decent, but it wasn't for sale. I don't intend to buy it to restore, but rather pass it on to someone who will. Think Ebay or Craigslist. I would just hate to see it go to the crusher. What do you think?

Re: Opinions/Advice needed 70 Nova SS 396

I say you can't go wrong for 5 beans.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

If you can buy for $500 definitely. The rearend is worth nearly twice that.

Comment

Grab it! you can't go wrong for $500. If it turns out to be too much work, you can always sell it and make some money.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

What they said. Buy it.

Comment

Buy it
            sigpic

Comment

Buy it(for the Car's sake...) ;D. And in this day-'an-age that's 'not too shabby.' And this is comming from a Woman who owns 14 of 'em :D ;D(Hey,I like 'em,alright?! :D). Hell,my Sister just picked up one this weekend at Spring Carsile for $9300. $9300 for a Car,which,around 8-10 years ago was worth around $1500....TOPS :-[ :'(. Now you know why our fearless leader(Friberger)won't cut His Brown '72 loose. They're NOT cheap anymore :'(!! ~OO6.

Comment

Unless you have a build sheet or other paperwork, 1970 Nova SS's are difficult to verify. I would go to some of the experts out there like:

Dedicated to the Promotion and Preservation of American Muscle Cars, Dealer built Supercars and COPO cars.

Checkout the full domain details of Novaresource.com. Click Buy Now to instantly start the transaction or Make an offer to the seller!

If it indeed $500 bucks, the rear end is worth that alone. Save it!

Comment

If the rearend, seats, and disc brakes aren't easy to sell for double the $500, then there's a problem. Get it and ebay it.

Comment

BUY IT!!! $500 is a steal.
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I consistently get $1000 - $1500 for leaf spring 12 bolts. Buckets are worth $250 - $300. Disks are worth $300 in my part of the world - Dallas.

Comment

Sounds about right . ~OO6.

Comment

you have your answer

Comment

Did you buy it yet? If you do, will you entertain offers?
                            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

You can't go wrong for $500. Snag it.

Comment

Working...
                              X