No announcement yet.

Giving blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I give blood to the car every time I turn a wrench!

I'm afraid of what the Carter bus will tell me. They park it out front a few times a year at work. It's in and out.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by PatricksDad View Post
      Yeah, it's generally a no-no for a year if you go somewhere there might be malaria.

I'm regularly in the Caribbean, Mexico and South America for work, so I haven't been able to donate for a few years now.
      Yeah Cozumel just made the list last year so unless they come off the list, I can't give anymore.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
        I'm thinking too low of a body fat content, it messes me up for a while. =/
        you can use me for example and rule that out.

I half to donate once a year per kentucky boxing and wrestling rules. Make sure I dont have da aids.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          I've given blood a few times over the years, even once at a car show, but it simply doesn't sit well with my body. I'm thinking too low of a body fat content or something and not liking the blood loss, in any case it messes me up for a while. =/
          Hydrate, drink water, gatorade, etc all day before you go. I had similar issues. When I know I am going to give blood, i start drinking water as soon as i get up, if that gets bland, I go for gatorade. Helped big time.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I give whenever I have the opportunity. It never bothered me until last time, I was out of it all that day and the day after. No idea why, given that before I have been doing hardcore workouts the next day without issue.

Comment

I hate needles, but have given blood and plasma at red cross...its become a bit of a PITA lately because they stalk you and there really is never a convenient time for me to get there. They do come to the base in the blood mobile every quarter
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
              X