Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrick....Buying her way through racing.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick....Buying her way through racing.......

Danica Patrick, with the help of her team owner, Tony Stewart, bought her way into the Daytona 500. Simple as that.

She is going to the Super Bowl of racing not because she drives a car well but because she looks great on top of one in a bikini. This turns Patrick into a gimmick. She now is a GoDaddy babe who happens to be driving, instead of the other way around. I always thought of her as a driver first.

It’s hard to find the right balance when you’re combining sex and sport. Credibility is questioned, probably unfairly. But Maria Sharapova won Wimbledon and was No. 1 before she hit magazines in a bikini. That’s the right direction, anyway.

Patrick has landed at the top. She has never raced at the top level of NASCAR, only done OK at the next level down the Nationwide Series. Her average finish is farther back than her average starting position.

She did not earn her way into the Daytona 500 and will run qualifying only to determine her starting position. Someone else earned enough points to get in, but Patrick’s team, Stewart-Haas Racing, bought that someone’s points, painted another car with that someone’s number and called Patrick a success.

In other news, the Chicago Bears have purchased the New York Giants’ playoff wins and will face New England in the Super Bowl on Sunday.
    Explore the latest NASCAR Cup Series news, highlights, videos, race results, standings & social posts! Livestream upcoming NASCAR races online on FOXSports.com.

Just as I thought......Just another Gimmick........
    Last edited by TC; February 3, 2012, 02:06 PM.

I'd buy my way in if I could afford it.....
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I'd wear a bikini and lay on the car if they'd let me race in the Daytona....
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Point... Counterpoint!

Ol' DW may be a knucklehead most of the time, but this was a pretty well reasoned response to all the hype:

The Xfinity Discovery Hub is your resource for Xfinity product news, technology education, and more. Learn about TV, internet, home security, and more.
        "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Haters gotta hate... Grow up.

What does it take to field a team in NASCAR? A good driver? A good crew? A good car? Nope- it takes money. If you can get it, you will get a ride. Gee, maybe it is because NASCAR is a business, not a sport.... nah, couldn't be.

Sure she flaunts her body, but if folks were willing to pay to see you in a bikini, who wouldn't do it? I have people paying me to keep my clothes on!
          Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

What if?...Just What if Danica sticks the landing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	391855_286965158006134_117075098328475_708496_953579142_n[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	860079
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post

Sure she flaunts her body, but if folks were willing to pay to see you in a bikini, who wouldn't do it?

I must not have made myself clear. YES!!! This is an official offer.........please form a line over there.....one at a time now, no crowding.....
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

OK Stiney, I ponied up some cash...
                That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Haters gotta hate...
                  LOL, I was gonna say the same thing!
                  A gimmick? LOL You're making posts about her and not Tony Stewart!
                  Originally posted by TC
                  also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Haters gotta hate... Grow up.

What does it take to field a team in NASCAR? A good driver? A good crew? A good car? Nope- it takes money. If you can get it, you will get a ride. Gee, maybe it is because NASCAR is a business, not a sport.... nah, couldn't be.

Sure she flaunts her body, but if folks were willing to pay to see you in a bikini, who wouldn't do it? I have people paying me to keep my clothes on!
                    I think what the article was saying is to race in the Daytona 500 you need to have a certain amount of points, which in my mind means you race at a certain level of competition, they bought the points of another driver and stuck her in his car, if anything she is a hazard to the other drivers around her, do to the fact that she doesn't drive as good as they do, because if she would drive as good as they do, she'd have the points to get in and not have to buy her way in.........

So I guess now Nascar Points are up for sale, I guess it works out for the teams that know they aren't going to win.......

Comment

Dale Jr and Tony Stewart can't bought , I think they see something in her , if not just big time sponsorship potential

Comment

I'm just not cool with the fact that she bought her way in and didn't earn it like the rest..........I would have to say that is a slap in the face to the other drivers..........Be prepared for Patrick to meet he wall at the Dayton 500...........

Comment

Buying ones way into the Daytona 500 has been going on for awhile.Shes not the first.Its the first and biggest race of the year and she didnt run a full season last year so not enough points.Aint rocket science.

Comment

Kyle Petty had to buy his way in one year .bought dick bahre's evinrude car

Comment

ah, not like she couldn't drive the pants off the OP. I'd put my big girl panties on and deal with it, but I don't have a problem.

:P

TC, relax man. Money , you know the golden rule by now?
                              Last edited by Beagle; February 3, 2012, 04:45 PM.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X