Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RANT! WTF is with people selling vehicles????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    I see LOTS of people who will flat out refuse to answer their cell phone if it is not someone they already know calling them.
    I fall into this category with the exception of when I'm selling something.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

My issue is when I have something for sale and the guy calls asking my bottom dollar. My response is always "what did I post in the ad"?

And then the biggie .... the guy says he'll be here this afternoon at 3 to look at it and never shows. Not even a call to say he changed his mind and wasn't interested. More flakes on C/L now than ever before.
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Here's my 2 cents. I just put up the turbocoupe for sale or trade. I got 3 or 4 "interested parties within the day. Answered the questions sent them photos. But one guy said that its not in the cards for him now. The other guy quit talking to me. And the third guy told me that he sawone go on ebay 800. Granted I was high in my pricing but that was so they could talk me down. Then a day or two went by and didn't have anyone except for so you still have it. I then received an email from a guy that was a " 3x turbocoupe and 2x supercoupe owner". He told me I was way over priced and the car was only worth $400. That was the rudest encounter I have ever dealt with. I had more in tires than that. When people say they can part it out if lowballed. They can.

I kinda gave up on it and all of a sudden a guy emailed me about trading a 99 crown vic p71 straight up. We set up a time to meet drove each others cars and switched titles. I didn't realize it but the title was all messed up and had to drive an hour and a half to get it all worked out.
        In the end I traded my tbird I paid $500 for kept the new tires and got a 11 year newer car with 40 thousand less miles
        Craigslist is an evil mother.
        Jeff
        Follow My Build

Comment

It's why I only collect and rarely sell. I rather give stuff away than sell it. I'm not a haggler and I can't feel like I've been ripped off if I'm okay giving something away. On the buying end, I'm a horrible negotiator so I try and not buy expensive things that are haggleable too often. I'm okay with knowing the guy before and after me are paying the same price. Plus I hate dealing with people in general when time is of the essence.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Much more flaky potential buyers than sellers.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I always screw myself when I sell stuff

Comment

I was looking at a truck on CL, finally got in touch with the seller - he has to sell it because the house sold and this truck doesn't run. Fine, call him the next day to arrange the time and he says he can't today but tomorrow for sure. Okay, call him the next day and he lets it slip that the house didn't sell, so it's not an emergency anymore. He says it'll be an emergency again in a month - anyone want to guess when I'm calling him next?
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                X