Non-automotive collections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-automotive collections?

I'm not exactly sure where this affliction came from, but I have just purchased my second vintage rotary phone and I guess that makes me a collector of sorts. The first one was about a year ago from the local craigslist and is in service in my house (FIOS VOIP supports rotary):

The second was last weekend on ebay. My dad has one of these hanging in the garage and I want to do the same:

Now I am learning all the different models and model numbers and on the lookout for more styles and colors. I even found a rotary phone forum full of die hard aficionados.

I have also been collecting Zippos from ships and submarines I have served and worked on ever since I joined the Navy.

What non-automotive stuff do you guys collect?
    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Vintage Technic audio stuff

Transistor radios
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Nice phones, I have a newer Comdial Corp. rotary wall phone . Bought it for a dollar at the flea market but just hanging on to it.
      Much of the stuff I have is usually for selling or trading at the flea market , just a hobby of mine. I like the people.
      I seem to usually wind up with old metal tackle boxes, some toys, its easy to make money off this stuff.

Comment

I should sell you my box of orange Trimline phones
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Find a ten year old kid and ask him to make a call with that phone. Entertainment there.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Well, everybody here probably remembers my 8-Track collection, I've got about 300 tapes, a bunch of LPs, a few 8-Track tape decks, my entire stereo system I've gotten for free
            Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

i would love to have a rotory pay phone
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

i collect old coleman ice chests,,

Comment

metal ones ?
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
                    i collect old coleman ice chests,,
                    There's a guy in Tucson with a 58 suburban, he collects Skotch coolers...puts a dozen or so on display at car shows.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

There's a guy on my local cl selling a whole collection of full Jim Beam automotive decanters.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5Le5N65G53G93Ic3M3c1u2ef053e6a11217aa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	860175

Click image for larger version

Name:	5N75I25J33oc3N13lcc1u3272128131f61e17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	860176
                      1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

i collect dust ! Its really easy. Sometimes I buy stuff to collect dust. Other times I just collect Dust on what i have already.
                        Last edited by ls7gto; February 5, 2012, 09:40 PM.
                        Reading , Pa
                        Good Guys rodders rep.
                        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                          i collect dust ! Its really easy. Sometimes I buy stuff to collect dust. Other times I just collect Dust on what i have already.
                          Sorry Doug, I think I have you beat, I have cobwebs in my garage! I think there's a message in there for me somewhere?
                          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I collect cameras. Film type. 16mm, 35mm, medium format, large format. I just sold 25 of them, but still have at least 100 left.

I use them for props or shoot with them.
                            Attached Files
                            Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
                              I collect cameras. Film type. 16mm, 35mm, medium format, large format. I just sold 25 of them, but still have at least 100 left.

I use them for props or shoot with them.
                              Patrick, I have a few older film cameras, but nothing like that . i was once at an auction at a studio that had cameras from the 18oos when they opened . They were in business for over 140 years and closed in '11. I did bid on each one, but couldnt hand with the Big buyers.
                              You need to post some pics in the "official non Official bang shift camera " thread.
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.
                              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                              X