Dodge Charger ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Charger ....

Is it worth a crap? Mainly the AWD systems ....

How 'bout being behind a V8 vs the V6?

In the search for the new DD, I got to thinking about this one.

At least it's not an import Spidey!!!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

That is built on the same LX Platform as my Magnum.......I have put 70,000 trouble free miles on it since new. The larger V6 makes a respectable amount of power too.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

the hemi is sweet ..that is about it

Comment

I got one of the new ones as a Fox rental car a week ago, it was the six of course, but all in all it was a pretty decent ride and has all the traditional virtues of being a big car, large trunk, humnas can sit in the back etc. If you are looing at that kind of trim level I'd try the one day rental, you'll really find out whether the car is what you want for $50.00.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
          I got one of the new ones as a Fox rental car a week ago, it was the six of course, but all in all it was a pretty decent ride and has all the traditional virtues of being a big car, large trunk, humnas can sit in the back etc. If you are looing at that kind of trim level I'd try the one day rental, you'll really find out whether the car is what you want for $50.00.
          I used to travel for a living, and got to drive most of the new cars each yr... some of 'em had "issues"- like the wind blowing in your face if the window was down... etc... This idea of renting a car before ya buy is a real good one...
          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
            I used to travel for a living, and got to drive most of the new cars each yr... some of 'em had "issues"- like the wind blowing in your face if the window was down... etc... This idea of renting a car before ya buy is a real good one...
            new chemistry could do that for some time.
            at least it attracts air and not thieves it (don't get me started about EGR subarus)

I targetted the charger too, specifically cheap fleet vehicle, v6, basic as can be. A lamborghini is easier to find apparently. what is up with my locale and no chargers?
            AWD, I am a bitch here in maine. The 80s subaru is still the genius morons reveal their own retardation over. I'd go RWD traditional.
            "road eject" versions of AWD can go back to the snowless flat land they test it in.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

IIRC, the awd is split something like 80/20, with the rears getting the most power. I remember people complaining because it wasn't a "true AWD" because it wasn't 50/50. Haven't heard anything about the reliability of it, but I don't think they put it on the SRT.

Comment

From what I've found on the net, it's a 60/40 split all the time. It was available with the 5.7 but not the 6.1.

Comment

Yeah, I just did some reading myself and found it's 62/38 all the time up to '08. '09 and up it's RWD until it senses wheel spin, air temp is below a certain point, wipers are on, etc. I don't know where I heard the 80/20 then.

Comment

I considered buying one back in 09 but could not make a deal since the factory's were closed and stuff, but they seem to bring really good money in resale and its a nice big car to drive.I never see them broken down on the side of the road either so thats good.Dont get that 2.7 though you need the Hemi or at least the bigger 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post

At least it's not an import Spidey!!!
                      Oh but it is!!! It's a last generation (or maybe even older) Mercedes E-class 4Matic system (for that matter the whole car is an old E-class).

Now that niggly little bit out of the way, I've not heard (but don't listen closely on the subject) of either the E-class or the Mo'Pars breaking the AWD system and I know it's been mentioned as a pretty competent AWD system by some members of the Pro Touring board. I bet the drivetrain will hold up fine, the rest of the car will fall to junk though. I really don't like any Chrysler product save maybe the Jeep Grand Cherokee.
                      Central TEXAS Sleeper
                      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

ha ...ITALY is a foreign country last I looked
                        wifey's people

Comment

785-266-3333 and ask for Roger.Straight scoop.Hes steered me in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
                            785-266-3333 and ask for Roger.Straight scoop.Hes steered me in the right direction.

That's right, I remembered you had told me that before.

Comment

Working...
                            X