Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayhem has a new name - SuperBuickGuy

So, a recap is in order
    two weeks ago, I blew a line in my pickup truck (middle of the yearly snowstorm), and burned up the transmission.
    Drove with 2 forward gears for two days until the snow melted enough to drive the GTO - it blew up and remains blown up at the dealership
    Slid the Buick into a retaining wall to (oh the humanity and irony) put my Buick in a safer place for the predicted "windstorm of the century" which never occurred.
    I have a bike for rain riding - disk brakes, tougher stuff to be more reliable - I broke it last Thursday.
    Got a rental car the Monday after carpocalypse, it wasn't working for me so got another rental - a truck a nice Silverado - on Friday.

So today, I'm driving home and notice the speedometer isn't working in the truck. I stop, turn the truck off, restart it, now, in addition to the speedomoter, the tachometer doesn't work and the seat belt light is flashing on the dash.....

You know, I've been reading about the apocalypse and how you need to drive a Chevy to survive but even Chevies hate me - I'm so screwed
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 6, 2012, 12:24 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

That sucks, you didn't break a mirror or did you?
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

You didn't sprinkel the salt on the Reverend yet, did you? You need to get on that.
      I'm still learning

Comment

You likely skipped your Sauerkraut and Pork on New Years Day........ that would be unfortunate, best get used to the run of luck as it will probably continue until the next opportunity to do the Sauerkraut/Pork/NewYearsDay deal.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I don't believe in this superstitious stuff. Strictly fact and science in my world.

I have my fingers crossed for you.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            I don't believe in this superstitious stuff. Strictly fact and science in my world.

I have my fingers crossed for you.

Dan
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

You know.... with your luck, I don't even think I want you commenting in my project threads....

An ounce of prevention ya know!
              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                You know.... with your luck, I don't even think I want you commenting in my project threads....

An ounce of prevention ya know!
                yes, but it's a Ford - it comes with factory installed bad luck

add to the list - I have the turbo on.... no starter noises.... wt? the only Ford part on my vehicle (solenoid) is bad.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  So, a recap is in order
                  two weeks ago, I blew a line in my pickup truck (middle of the yearly snowstorm), and burned up the transmission.
                  Drove with 2 forward gears for two days until the snow melted enough to drive the GTO - it blew up and remains blown up at the dealership
                  Slid the Buick into a retaining wall to (oh the humanity and irony) put my Buick in a safer place for the predicted "windstorm of the century" which never occurred.
                  I have a bike for rain riding - disk brakes, tougher stuff to be more reliable - I broke it last Thursday.
                  Got a rental car the Monday after carpocalypse, it wasn't working for me so got another rental - a truck a nice Silverado - on Friday.

So today, I'm driving home and notice the speedometer isn't working in the truck. I stop, turn the truck off, restart it, now, in addition to the speedomoter, the tachometer doesn't work and the seat belt light is flashing on the dash.....

You know, I've been reading about the apocalypse and how you need to drive a Chevy to survive but even Chevies hate me - I'm so screwed
                  Oh My. I would keep that little rocket parked til you get to the bottom of this. :-)
                  Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

SuperBuickGuy & a series of unfortunate events leads to Mayhem - Carnage

Comment

Working...
                    X