No announcement yet.

Pontiac Dyno Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brians GTO is in the new CHP, the NMCA Flowmaster West ad.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for following along and a big thank you to Bill and the rest of the bang shift crew for a very successful day!
      The engine came off the dyno in one piece, and is near ready to go back in the car for the nine second pass attempt.

Comment

Whoo Hoo!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Way to go brian, looks good! Should be a rocket!
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
            And the final results? 785 HP at 6800 and 705 ft lbs at 4600 with a 109/91 blend.

On straight Cali Chevron 91 it hit 771@6700 and 696 lt/lbs@ 4700

We are stoked!
            Did I win?
            Last edited by JeffMcKC; February 9, 2012, 06:06 AM.
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Good Luck Brian, It will be worth the effort. I might sugest like we did to help Jake get his under way add some timing in first then hit a switch in second for your spray to cut the timing back in second or high Jake had to use a window switch in his. It will help the ET on most for the first 330' and still run out the back, if you have not already done this.

Comment

I am thinking a 9.0 something. Hopefully you will come on drag week again. This time your son can be a crewman!

Comment

EXCELLENT results! I'm surprised you got that kind of power from a Pontiac that's still street drivable. Goes to show how out of touch I am.......

Dan

Comment

Thats good power. At least I hit the torque numbers with high octane

Comment

Brian is a smart Cat and has a very nice set of heads and intake on that Monster Tin Indian

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                        EXCELLENT results! I'm surprised you got that kind of power from a Pontiac that's still street drivable. Goes to show how out of touch I am.......

Dan

*Giggles* Yeah they make a bit of power, the nice thing is you dont need much RPM. Note the HP peak at 6800.

Brian you have 70+hp on my 467 with a smaller cam and probably less flow through the heads. That 4.5" crank makes a big difference. The cam isnt much smaller, only the intake is shorter, its about the same on exhaust. Maybe its time to get Mark or Eric to build an E85 Dominator for you, in the interest of science.

How heavy is the GTO these days? Most of the guys who know my combination and 3100lb weight without me think it should run 9s relatively easily. If you are under 3500lbs or so, you will probably do it. The more I think about your car the more I think my 467 should go in the LeMans instead of the Formula. Could the world survive two 65 Pontiacs in Mayfair Maize running 9s?

Comment

try that with 6X heads !!!

Comment

The old girl weighs 3900+ pounds with a minimal fuel load going down track. Already been [email protected]:-)

Oh, and only 4.25" stroke.

Comment

The stroke on Brian's Poncho is 4.250, it has an Indian Adventures block with a bunch more bore than the stock block allows. The GTO weighs 3900 with him in it. He ran a best of 10.05 before the cam upgrade so we think under the same conditions it'll go 9.9's maybe 9.8's with the new improved 496.
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Thought it was 10.05 oh well what do I know.
                                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X