Unenmployed....AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unenmployed....AGAIN!

The owner of the Okemos Midas I worked for(as of 1pm today) Closed the store.

We had no idea...no warning...no communication at all.
    So...if y'all need a mechanic, psudo fabricator...welder(mig anyway),
    engine builder, etc...let me know.

I should find something soon...but-if I can relocate w/ some help, I would.

If you end up moving down to central Indiana I'll help you unload. We seem to have spring these days about every three days. winter comes in threee more!
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Bummer. Hope something comes along soon.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Time to find a new line of work Bill ...my buddy is in year 3 of x ray technician school after getting whacked by the saturn dealer ..he gets by on side jobs and student loans @43 years old

My buddy hooked me up into IT support and Telecom wiring subcontracting ..got my own LLC ..little slow right this week , but it is big bucks for only work 5-6 hours a day for tons more money than what is coming in at the chevy dealer ..dealing with a lot of high rollers around NYC with horror stories that curl your hair ..hedge fund guys who haven't made a paycheck in 2 years ..real estate guys who haven't sold any properties since 2008 ..divorces , foreclosures ..but they still need the phone

the dealers are dead ..even after 60% of them got closed around here ..working 75 hours to make 40 ..I just had enough
        Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; February 8, 2012, 07:47 PM.

Comment

don't come to Ohio. I think the one job opening we had was filled about 2 yrs ago now......I'll be delivering pizza's soon... at least its in the automotive field... eh?

sorry to hear about that. I hope things work out for ya. Can ya drive a semi-truck? they are hiring...
          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Damn I hate to hear that.

Good vibes headed your way on your search.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Bill, wish you all the best.
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Sorry to hear Bill, I'm sure someone with your experience will get something quick..........

Comment

Coincidentally, I was complaining today about needing a muffler shop. One shop doesn't do 3" pipe (Midas) the other might get my truck in on Friday.... The other one, is a goodly distance away.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                    Time to find a new line of work Bill ...my buddy is in year 3 of x ray technician school after getting whacked by the saturn dealer ..he gets by on side jobs and student loans @43 years old

My buddy hooked me up into IT support and Telecom wiring subcontracting ..got my own LLC ..little slow right this week , but it is big bucks for only work 5-6 hours a day for tons more money than what is coming in at the chevy dealer ..dealing with a lot of high rollers around NYC with horror stories that curl your hair ..hedge fund guys who haven't made a paycheck in 2 years ..real estate guys who haven't sold any properties since 2008 ..divorces , foreclosures ..but they still need the phone

the dealers are dead ..even after 60% of them got closed around here ..working 75 hours to make 40 ..I just had enough
                    So happy to hear you're doing better, Spidey.

Bill, so to hear you're out again. Wrenching is a tough business these days. It shouldn't be for a good wrench hand since they are harder to find than a good doctor.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Dang Bill, that sucks. Hope that you're able to find something again without much trouble.

cheers
                      Ed
                      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

That sucks to hear. I hope you can find something soon that works out for you.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

That sucks Bill - good luck in your search.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Dam Bill!....sorry to hear of the bad news. Hang in there brother.
                            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Sorry to hear, you might see if there is a Heavy Repair shop, The Cat and Komatsu Dealers seem to be doing well, its the same stuff only huge sized.....
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                              X