What can cause et's to get slower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can cause et's to get slower?

Just wondering how et's get slower when you add 100 hp more of NOS. Car had run a 6.2 sec et on the 1/8 and marginal track. Fully preped track and running 6.5, with- in a couple of thou. The 6.2 was run with 150hp jets in NOS. The 6.5 was run during qualifying with 150hp jets and then another 100hp was put in therefore 250hp of Nos. Still no et time change. Cheers

Torque converter slippage?
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I would say not enough fuel... but with nitrous, not enough fuel usually leads to electrodes burned off spark plugs or holes burned through pistons.

If you aren't sure about tuning nitrous, enlist experienced help or stop using it ... or expect to buy a LOT of engine components.

Comment

When are you "hitting the button"? What do your 60's look like between the two tunes?
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

It could be the converter, if the engine is making more torque it should raise the stall.
          Or maybe it's the gears, it could be over reving now.
          Could you post up some before and after time slips?
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

ET is a factor mainly of the chassis, the power is more the MPH.

You maybe spinning the tires or blowing right thru the converter is a good bet.

Just a jet change can also not mean its getting past the solinoids, if you have screens or filters in it.
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I thought about spinning the tires but thought that would be a little obvious.
              The size restriction on a smaller type solonoid is a good idea though.
              Maybe the bottle pressure went too far down?
              We could guess at this one all day.
              Last edited by A/Fuel; February 9, 2012, 07:42 AM.
              Originally posted by TC

Comment

Yuup
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by TC

Comment

I'd either say the converter is ballooning with the NOS....they make special converters for NOS. Do you have a trans temp gauge?...that will tell you a lot.
                    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Time slips between the two runs would speak a thousand words........Are you hitting the nitrous at the same point on each run and at that, when are you activating it........Also how is your car geared??.... with the added power are you hitting the redline before the finish line??........After the end of the run does the trans smell like burnt clutches??.........I doubt your ballooning the converter, cause you only get to do that once and then it doesn't work right..........

Comment

But you can roll the sprag or push the stator out of the converter with too much spray and see essentially the same results or worsening. Ask me how I know.
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Thankyou, Torque convertor has been sent away and tightened up. Convertor had a bit of grunge in it from a couple of trans hicups.
                          The test will come next race meeting.

Comment

Hi there, I'm actually asking about this for a mate, He has used NOS for a number of years, just had him bluffed. Thankyou for your input.

Comment

Time slips were pretty much the same and i'm pretty sure the NOS system is activated the same time as you plant your foot. It also has a fogger system on it. Car is just going into top at the finish line. Not even touching red line. No trans ok , no burnt clutches as the trans has been apart for a torque convetor tighten.

Comment

Working...
                              X