No announcement yet.

Any update on the M-800 manual trans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rockland has upgraded t56 for less than tranzilla [which was 6500 bucks last I heard ]

liberty face plated t56 -2600 bucks
    go with an automatic
    Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; February 10, 2012, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
      rockland has upgraded t56 for less than tranzilla [which was 6500 bucks last I heard ]

go with an automatic
      it's difficult to make an automatic live on the street behind a turbo car. it's only slightly less difficult to live with a non-syncro'd manual transmission.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

lenco

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post

go with an automatic
          Ill sell the GTO, before I put an automatic in it!
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by krusty View Post
            Could you cite the report that states this? Not doubting, just would like to read it for myself. There are a number of good gear manufacturers in the US (Jerico, Emco, etc) but I'm guessing that a full syncro gearset is needed for these street bound vehicles, and that this is not their forte. Also, I'm thinking that the price point for these gearboxes is pretty high (our used Jerico 4 speed in the LSR car was only 2200$ with my choice of gears) and that supply/demand projections didn't look profitable. The gear availability claim might just be a convenient place to lay the blame for the failure of the overall project. vic
            I'm fairly certain it was on the McLeod forum that I read about this. The forum is down right now so I can't pull it up, so I am afraid I cannot verify this right now. As I recall, Billy was saying they could have had the gearsets made in the US, but it would have driven the price up beyond what would have been competitive with the TKO, and therefore they calculated that they would not be able to sell enough units to turn a profit. Rather than outsource the gearsets, they chose to put a hold on the project.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
              Ill sell the GTO, before I put an automatic in it!
              I have a good working 700R-4 you can have, Doug.

You were right about putting a stick-box in the Monte-- I love it so much, now I want to put one in the Chevelle, too!
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
              X