"Weirdest" taste in cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Weirdest" taste in cars

I know I'm not alone in this so; what makes you the weirdest car guy in the world?

Me, its my love of Buicks, not the conventional A-bodies, I like the fullsized stuff and love Rivieras. It doesn't end there but thats probably the root of all of it. Its why I like Buick, Mercury, Lincoln, and Caddy modern cars because they are luxury car more for the masses than the mad Mercs and BMW's. I think 4dr cars are cool, would love to drive crew cab 64-65 Buick Special every day. I think 61-63 Senior Compact Buick's would make great commuters. Early Sevilles, Town Cars, Crown Vics, Fleetwood Broughams... all very cool vehicles. I'm also a nut for factory EFI, autotechno gadgets like ABS, automated climate control, self leveling suspension, one touch windows, automatic headlights, and adapting GM systems off of newer vehicles onto old ones. And finally I do things just to piss people off, not in the way of putting a 350 in a mustang but pulling a V8 for a turbo V6, adding functional cooling vents to the fenders of a relatively trinket free Riviera, and going through a lot of trouble to adapt a factory oil pump off of another engine instead of cutting my frame. Yeah, I'm weird but I wouldn't have it any other way.

What's your story?
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: "Weirdest" taste in cars

it's not wierd to like buicks. the biggun's are beautiful.

me wierd? nah...well, i don't like new cars & thats pretty wierd. I like to make sure my limits are outside of whatever i'm driving. thats not usual. I like really small cars. i'd prefer something light & ugly to something heavy & pretty.

Comment

Well, I like the Mustang II

I like second gen camaros more than the first gens

I like Fords (no one understands this except other ford guys.... not really sure why huh ???)

I like the Wrangler YJ (square headlight jeep)

In addition to the YJ, i pretty much like all old jeeps, military and civilian versions. The J10 has really grown on me too

Comment

As if '71 Montego's aren't weird enough. I totally understand the love for the first gen Seville. In 1978 my dad bought a brand new black on black one, I went with him to pick it out. The only option it didn't have was the ugly "Rolls Royce" grill. On the way home from the dealership we stopped to get something to eat and when we came out there were 5 or 6 people standing around it checking it out. I still think they are beautiful cars, it's sad when I see them sitting at Pick Your Part waiting to be dropped into the crusher. :'(
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I like the usual stuff but I really like collonade GM cars ,I always did they were all over when I was a kid (my dad had two) . My other jones is for big cars I like em all-Caddy's Delta 88 & Regency98 Electra's Riv's Impala's not just from Gm either Give me a Mark IV or a Dodge Monaco any day. I wish still built cars like this.

Comment

Just touched off something else I think is slightly weird. If I had to have a Fox body.... Lincoln Mk VII LSC no questions, no hesitation. Though if I did have a Ford product I think I'd punk with people by putting a trilogy supercharged 4.6L DOHC in an 2006+ Lincoln Town Car and trick out the suspension with P71 and Maurader parts. I'm not sure if its little known but the Town Car has buckets, just the center console is still a seat so its really a three part bench. Town Car LSS....
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

there isnt too many cars/trucks out there that I wouldnt consider owning....I like em all, even imports *GASP* yes...there I said it....even imports...I dont care what it is, american, australian, yugoslavian..whatever...

Comment

I don't know... I think I might be considered a little weird because I am into AMC Hornet's.

Comment

Originally posted by 71SC/360
                  I don't know... I think I might be considered a little weird because I am into AMC Hornet's.
                  I guess we're sharing the same cell because I like Hornets myself. ;)

Comment

Yeah .... I really dig the 2nd Gen Camaro's and F250 Ford trucks... my normal junk is a 1956 Austin Healey 100 and 4 of them 550 Honda's...

Keith

Comment

I'm building a six cylinder for my Chevelle...that seems weird periodically.
                      1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

I only like mustang 2 s on charlies angel
                        dislike fords , but love 49-51 mercs

Comment

Funny... I don't consider most of the cars mentioned as weird. Pretty much anything that could be equipped with a V8 from the factory has potential. I can appreciate most of them. What I would consider weird is stuff that Keith and Dan like (no offense). Speaking of the little European sports cars. I understand why you guys like that stuff (I think, anyway), but I still think its weird. Like, its neat, but why would you want it? Oh yeah... its neat, that's why!

On my list of must-someday-builds is an MG with a SBC. Cheap and quick.

I have a hankering for a mid-60's Suburban panel in black. They look like a Batmobile hurse. With a 502HT, it would make a great tow rig.

I like Chevelles. I know, not weird; so people call my car a belly button and not interesting and its a poser cuz it has drum brakes and a small block. So my car is a belly button. I like my belly button. :P

Were it not for bellybutton cars, the industry would be a whole lot smaller.
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

My Healey is only cool because it's been around since I was a kid... The 2nd Gen has become my passion... that and 550 Honda's... but that's another story.

Keith

Comment

I have a thing for third-gen trans ams. I know they are considered "trashy" by some, but I love them.

Seth
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                              X