Name:	014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	860385
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

• Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
      randal I see your 793 haul truck and raise you a CAT D10T

We do that. And at work I have a picture of one that ROLLED out of the back! These things are built like tonka toys, the dozer was absolutely fine, nothing broke. Pretty mind blowing after dropping ~20 feet. We put drill rigs (DML's) in the back too.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Just under 300mph. In an old school truck with a v16 Detroit, 4 turbos, 2 blowers.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

• Not the same stuff, but this is how we move the big pieces around:

Smaller sections are driven around the yard on the Scheurle transporters. (That's the small crane in the background)

Click image for larger version

Name:	781.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	860397

Sometimes we use Big Blue (1000 tons capacity) to reorient the sections:

Name:	upending 779 section 9 with 900t crane.jpg
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	860398

Name:	11891.jpg
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	860399

Too big for the road, we barge sections from yard to yard:

Name:	778 1to2A on the shuttle.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	860400

When fully assembled, we roll them out of the building on many hydraulic jacks all slaved together:

Name:	new mexico.jpg
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	860401
          Last edited by 67pete300; February 13, 2012, 10:45 AM.
          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

• Jeremy's family pic of the three tow trucks "stacked" and him in the front is a great one. Post it again Jeremy !
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Hmmm, heres some HEAVY EQUIPMENT , that hasnt been posted yet.

Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

• Here ya go Phil. My Dad loved doing stuff like that in front of the shop for P.R. on the weekends.

Name:	006.jpg
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	860403

Comment

• Johnson's Towing in Scranton PA was know for their "weekend P.R". stunts too. This one is from 78-79 I think. As a kid, I lusted after one day owning a twin steer Autocar wrecker one day.

Name:	030.jpg
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	860404

Comment

• Bonus photos to boot - thanks Jeremy those are cool pics fer sure.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	id_m39_missiletrk_02_700.jpg
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	860409

Name:	SS-25_Sickle_rt-2pm_Topol_rs-12m_ballistic_missile_truck_MAZ-7917_Russian_Army_Russia_line_003.jpg
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	860410

Name:	M398Launcher02.jpeg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	860408

Name:	MLRS_missile_launcher.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	860411

Name:	missile_launcher.jpg
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	860412
                      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                        very big function. assume long wheel base to have a very twisty 550hp or more...or in the old days, the tankers with less baffles, this saved the drivers lives (the steel resonance/liquid surge bounce alone could kill)

today is down to right front springs on a schedule, the rest lasts a long time with big engines.
                        of course there is fakers, but the look is always nice. To me, a serious purpose.
                        this also allows for tall gears, a longer drive shaft to absorb the deeper dig...and that means faster just by looking at them.
                        I learned by growing up with them, around 23 feet can get serious as any big engine that will fit..and tallest gears available.

anything less, and..I can't describe it all.
                        They serve no purpose, most of them such as the orange one are not legal with a trailer on since their are length laws( 65-75 feet) in most states. 300" is pushing it for being legal. Dont know where you got the other statements since none of it makes any sense at all. I've been driving 33+ years and have never seen anything that long on the rioad except ones on the way to a show,you couldnt make 80% of the corners around with the tractor alone.

Comment

• Heres a few biggun's for ya. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09YMr16Lmcc

Comment

• Originally posted by kelly andersen View Post
                            They serve no purpose, most of them such as the orange one are not legal with a trailer on since their are length laws( 65-75 feet) in most states. 300" is pushing it for being legal. Dont know where you got the other statements since none of it makes any sense at all. I've been driving 33+ years and have never seen anything that long on the rioad except ones on the way to a show,you couldnt make 80% of the corners around with the tractor alone.
                            I am glad you have the I have been driving big daddy trucker long time story ok?

add new england and mirror popping trips from northern maine to florida a couple of times with hills that even make a gear change on a modern 550...get back to me on what length rails really work.

the jackhammering thumps of the wobbly straight six calm down at around 23 foot rails..which just happens to be where 120 ton rigs start.

sorry to make no sense in you many years of driving. the brain does fade away even as a passenger.

my dad is on half a dozen rigs, I started driving with leaf spring suspensions and when my 74 chevelle was as long as the damn cabover.

that would be 39 years now.

my dad still talks of roads like they were just getting built wherever we go...(and I a was youngin to see some of that too)

our worst time through new york back to the north was when the statue of liberty was in a cage and I-95 twisted like a angled snake...do you remember what short rails did there? add 5 trips a week.

damn near a mental breakdown deciphering steel. yeah. I am talking out my ass to the 33 year trucker story really plays off friendly.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• One for Spidey. Back before the General sold the HD business to Volvo.

Comment

• Reading , Pa
                                Good Guys rodders rep.
                                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                                X