Driving Helicopters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Helicopters...

First off... if you think your a Pilot.... try taking a 16yr sabbatical and give one of these 3 placed, aluminum Alloy, Fling Wing, air conditioned, recreational Vehicle thingy's a try.......

I've got about 19 hrs in the last couple of weeks and it's the ultimate Hot Rod.... seriously...now If I could just control all that Power...... ( this thing is limited to less then 1/2 of a 572 Street Motor )...... seriously... it uses 317 Shaft HP.... and none of that accelerates very quickly.... The Apache at 3800hp... had a bit of ass.... this thing... has to send out for enough power to lift two folks off the ground if one of them decides to carry a pack of Gum....

the sad part is that it's all enough to kick my ass.... day in and Day out.... wow... I remember when I could wiggle some sticks.... today.... I fly like old people fornicate.... ( slow, methodically and without a lot of Rhythm ).....

Okay maybe it's not that bad.... but I will say it's a serious bitch kitty....

K

sounds like it's good for ya!
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Keith, one person in five million can can actually fly a helicopter....(a rough personal estimate of my own)...

Just be careful with it.
      Last edited by pdub; February 10, 2012, 09:29 PM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I hope to see you at Bonneville this year and hear some good stories.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

You'll find your rythem and muscle memory will return in time.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

You are loving every minute of it Keith!

Comment

Isn't a sabbatical where you take time off to get better at what you do?

and thanks for the mental image of the fornicators.... *shiver*
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Hey, I resemble that remark (and Keith's only a decade behind me).

Hang in there Buddy - you'll get it.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                X