Whitney Houston is Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
    (IF, she died of drugs..then i feel this way.....if it was natural causes then thats a different viewpoint.)

Ya gotta want it... Folks here may call me cold... but i got no sympathy. All the resources in the world, and throwing it away...yeah its a shame, she had one of the best voices in the industry... But she didn't want it. and instead she got what she really wanted.

another celebrity dead in a hotel bathroom.
    Whitney's problem was that she never wrote a single song on one of her multi-million selling albums. The smart thing to do (like Madonna did) is to co-write at least ONE song on each album, which increases your royalties from that album - especially over time - significantly. So all those millions of albums that are sold, paid her almost nothing.

Meanwhile, she had a well known hard drug problem. A recent attempt at a comeback was a miserable failure, live performances were said to be horrid - her voice was lost long ago because of crack / rock / cocaine.

Sad story for sure.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Clive Davis is old and rich and still partying on hou$ton money

Comment

Crack Kills............

And speaking of Bobby, anyone look behind his garage for gloves.........

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
          Crack Kills............

And speaking of Bobby, anyone look behind his garage for gloves.........
          Now thats funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Danny/Zachary
          HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Somebody on TV this morning (Monday) asked what there is about drugs that is more powerful than motherhood, love, money, success - everything? I don't have the answer other than maybe it's the INSTANT gratification. Or the ability to tune out of your failures. But I'm guessing.

Can you imagine being able to open your mouth and have THAT (or the male equivalent of THAT) come out? I, for one, cannot.

Favorite Whitney story. Kevin Costner was being interviewed and the kissing scene in "The Bodyguard" was brought up. Kevin said that he decided to do the scene with the idea that he was kissing her for every man in America (I assume every straight man!). So he did and the director was thrilled with the first take. Costner asked to do the scene again and the director rather reluctantly agreed. "That time, I kissed her for ME". Which of us guys wouldn't have done that?! I have no idea which take they used - I suppose some of each.

RIP
            Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Somebody on TV this morning (Monday) asked what there is about drugs that is more powerful than motherhood, love, money, success - everything? I don't have the answer other than maybe it's the INSTANT gratification. Or the ability to tune out of your failures. But I'm guessing.
              The attraction of drugs is that they make you feel totally awesome. Pretty much all drugs make you feel awesome in some way or another. The problem is you get used to the AWESOME and whenver you're not high, all the other things in your life just don't seem good anymore. The next best thing about drugs is they take you away from worrying about your problems, for a little while. The "Just Say No" ladies are smart - they know that if you try it, you'll like it a lot. So they try to get people to avoid drugs before even trying them out. Pretty much everyone who tries them is like "Hey, this isn't nearly as bad as I was told, in fact this is quite a lot of fun!"

That's how Drugs work, Dan :-)
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

NEVER, in my whole long life, have I EVER wanted to be out of control of my mind. I hear you but I really can't relate.

Many years ago I frequently drank alcohol and I smoked old-fashioned pot (I understand the new stuff is MUCH more potent). But there was never a time that I didn't know where I was, exactly what I was doing, who I was with, and how I was going to get home - and I didn't WANT to have any of those things happen. To quote Steppenwolf, "I never done nothin' that my spirit couldn't kill" (or something like that).

Life is too wonderful to voluntarily check out of it. With one exception. If I'm going to have surgery (which happens more as I age) I want to be ELSEWHERE and the Docs have done that for me. After my operation in November they gave me pretty much an open 'script for oxycodone. I used as little of it as possible and I REALLY didn't like the feelings that went along with it. I gave it up WAY before the doc thought I would. NO THANKS.

So I can feel sorry for those that fall into this mess but I really can't relate.

Dan

Comment

I'm not advocating drug use, I'm just telling you how it goes, I've been a musician much of my life and know plenty of people who do a broad variety of drugs. I smoked weed back in the day a little bit, but that's it - wouldn't try anything else for fear of liking too much!

Meanwhile, think about having surgery - how awesome are the drugs they give you for that! you totally miss the fact that someone's cutting holes in you while you're off in la la land.
                  Last edited by dieselgeek; February 13, 2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I killed a lot of brain cells in my day, the reason I stopped was pretty dumb but never looked back. I hardly even drink anymore, unless its a bunch of guys in a parking lot on Drag Week
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

They tell me I'm "semi-awake" and can cooperate with them if needed. Maybe, but I sure can't remember it. And I'm OK with that.

Interesting sidebar here - during my first eye surgery (one of several) I remember waking up and chatting with the doc. I was making witty conversation and telling AMAZING jokes (or so I thought). The only response I remember is the doc looking over my head and pointing downward with his index finger. Then I was in the recovery room. Evidently he wasn't enjoying my routine as much as I was.

Back to Whitney........

Dan

Comment

I woke up on the operating table during chainsaw Joe Namath knee surgery in the early 80's. I remember that moment, it was not fun. But they turned a valve farther open and I went back to sleep. As much as I love beer, I have no affinity for the "good stuff" or la-la-land. Those are chemicals not meant to be, but sure good for emergency medical applications. How anybody can enjoy that sort of sedation is beyond me.

And the sick feeling for days afterward. Yuck.

Having tooth surgery some years ago, I got the laughing gas. Well, it's no laughing matter, but the stuff of legend. You're supposed to remain conscious, but I eventually didn't. Went right out in the chair. But before I did, I felt some drilling cutting pain to go with the crunching and tugging the good doc was doing to extract the roots of a gone-bad molar. I felt it, I should have screamed like a schoolgirl, but I thought about it for about 30 seconds (or a week?) before I finally decided that it hurt, and by then it didn't hurt anymore so I just went to sleep.

No, not my cup of tea for enjoyment. But everybody's got diferent cups of tea for sure.
                        Last edited by pdub; February 13, 2012, 04:01 PM.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                          thats just funny right there, but then again I am kind of a douche.

I have no sympathy for those in the spotlight that have to abuse drubs to make it through the day. I will reserve judgment untill the toxicology reports are known...
                          I'm with ya on this.

I couldn't do drugs because I want to be in control.

Fame and fortune ain't what's it cracked up to be.....I'd rather
                          be poor and un known.........and happy.
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                            I'm with ya on this.

I couldn't do drugs because I want to be in control.

Fame and fortune ain't what's it cracked up to be.....I'd rather
                            be poor and un known.........and happy.
                            They say it'll be 4 to 6 weeks before the toxicology reports are available.

But the talkers are all saying that the circle of addiction can somehow kill you even after you're clean, or something. I'm glad I don't understand it and the talkers insist it's too early to say why Whitney died.

Let's build a list of folks who were on top of the world and then took the gutter route and died. No, let's don't. I'm glad I don't understand it.

EDIT: I knew I was thinking about a specific instance among all others - When Jerry Garcia died in rehab, Bill James on the John Boy and Billy Show on the radio stated without shame, "He died of a drug underdose." I thought that comment was in poor taste, but it's hard to disprove. It happened, after all.
                            Last edited by pdub; February 13, 2012, 04:40 PM.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I thought the tribute at the Grammy's was nice....especially the prayer. We need to get back to that type of thinking.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

If it does turn out to be drug related, I hope the surviving family uses it as an opportunity to spread the word about the dangers of addiction, rather than cover it up to try to save face.

Comment

Working...
                                X