Whitney Houston is Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post

Yup,disgusting and to heap all that praise on this slob is awful also. She should not be a model to anyone,probably should have taken her kids away years ago as well. Im tired of hearing about it. If it was a white 70's rock star they would have talked about it for 5 minutes said 10 times he was a coke addict and it would have been all over,call me what you want but thats the truth.
    Last edited by antmnte; February 15, 2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Here's what's in my inbox about it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Candlelight Vigil.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	860477
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        Here's what's in my inbox about it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9130[/ATTACH]
        Oh that made me LOL!
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I don't know where to begin......we've all seen what fame and fortune brings.
          In a lot of cases.......disaster (and death)

Believe me........I saw first hand the beginning of the drug
          culture in the '60's. I did not participate.......some of my buddies did.
          I saw the results.

It was only days ago the press was all over her addiction but when
          she dies........well shit gloria hallelujah!!!

In the words of Groucho......she just needed to 'sack up'
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            How True!
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

What more would these people have done if they had not have died early...

John Belushi 1949-1982 Speedball accidental
              John Bonham 1949-1980 Choked on his own vomit after 40 shots of Vodka
              Lenny Bruce 1925-1966 Acute morphine poisoning/ accidental overdose
              Kurt Cobain 1967-1994 Self-inflicted shotgun wound to the head/uner the influence of lethal dose Heroin and Diazepam
              John Entwistle 1944-2002 Cocaine induced heart attack
              Chris Farley 1964-1997 Cocaine and Morphine overdose
              Judy Garland 1922-1969 Possible suicide Secobarbital
              Jimmy Hendrix 1942-1970 Respiratory arrest /alcohol and barbituate overdose vomit inhalation
              Billy Holiday 1915-1959 Cirrhosis of the liver /Alcohlism
              Howard Hughes 1905-1976 Liver Failure, physician administered codeine at highest level ever recorded
              Michael Jackson 1958-2009 physician admin propofol lorazepam diazepam midazolam
              Brian Jones 1942-1969 Drowning will under the influence alcohol and drugs
              Janis Joplin 1943-1970 Heroin overdose
              Jack Kerouac 1922-1969 Cirrhosis lifetime of heavy drinking
              Bruce Lee 1940-1973 perscription painkiller drug Equagesic
              Keith Moon 1946-1978 OD anti-siezure med prescribed for alcoholism
              Jim Morrison 1943-1971 Suspected Heroin overdose
              Marilyn Monroe 1926-1962 Barbituate overdose
              Elivs Presley 1935-1977 Cardiac arrhythmia- drugs list to long to include
              Freddie Prinze 1954-1977 ruled accidentaly gunshot to the head Methaqualone and alcohol

Everyone has their own demons and everyone chooses to fight them in their own way, these ways are not always healthy choices.
              I have been known to engage in self distructive behaviour from time to time, and will refrain from judging others. Only to offer prayers for their families and friends...and myself and my demons.

Rest in Peace all.
              Last edited by LORENSWIFE; February 17, 2012, 01:00 PM.
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

No offense, but who cares?

She was a great singer and after her addiction issues. Not that great of a person. Not for me to really judge, but who really cares?

Seven pages of a bunch of people being just a bit smug... Addiction is the same no matter who you are... It kills just the same and once you cross that 'line'. You will never be the same...

The only sad part of this whole story is that Bobby Brown is still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by bnjny View Post
                  No offense, but who cares?

She was a great singer and after her addiction issues. Not that great of a person. Not for me to really judge, but who really cares?

Seven pages of a bunch of people being just a bit smug... Addiction is the same no matter who you are... It kills just the same and once you cross that 'line'. You will never be the same...

The only sad part of this whole story is that Bobby Brown is still alive...
                  none taken.

....just sad that's all
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

We have a family member who's a junkie (a real one - heroin). He's currently using methadone so he's going thru a lot less money but to me he just switched his addiction.

I KNOW how hard it is to kick this having tried to help a friend make that transition. After he lost all family/friend support (including me), his job, his wife and child, and anything else in his life that he valued (even his tools) he finally got a job in a new geographic area where he knew no one and kicked it after a horrible few days in a motel. He stayed off because he'd made the mental switch - he was, in his mind, no longer a drug user. After a number of years without heroin he died. The drug had taken a toll on his body and it couldn't repair itself. I'm not sure of the exact cause of death but basically something wore out early from all the years of abuse and there was no fixing it.

So all in all - I feel sorry for these folks and their families and friends. That doesn't change the fact that this is the equivalent of a self-inflicted gunshot and these people essentially die at their own hands. They have to decide to save themselves - or not.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X