track prep is so overrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• track prep is so overrated

why in the hell would you race on a track that hasnt been prepped to race ?

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Simulates street race conditions.

Judging by the look of the actual surface, that track seems to have been ground recently (with respect to the race, which was two years ago). That grinding would make things even more wacky with respect to the lack of traction!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

dang, that looks like a fun deal ! its a good way to keep chassis and body shops busy.
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Looks like a regular Thursday night test and tune at HPT. LOL.

Comment

That little white Datsun looked like a crazy ride.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

What amazes me, is the amount of guys that will stay in it or get back in it once they discover the track is that loose .....
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                Simulates street race conditions.
                Which to me also demonstrates exactly how haywire a street race can go. Doesn't take much imagination to see how much potential for property damage or hurting/killing a bystander when out on the street.

Side note, does Chuck's hair cut count as a mullet?
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

That track is about 15 miles from me and doesn't get a whole lot of use from what I can tell. Seems like it is closed every time I drive by it.

Manana is where they used to do a lot of street racing here and it makes the Denton 1/8 mile track look prepped like Ennis. I stopped going when I was in my early 20's. They really cracked down after some drunk chick mowed down and killed some of the bystanders. My place in Hillsboro is not all that far from Ennis so I'm hoping to get over there and get some practice before September so I don't look like too much of an idiot.

It does surprise me that folks will stay in it or even bother pedalling when it's already way out of shape.. is that an ego thing? I really don't get that part. Lift already. It seemed like everyone who got close to the center line found dirt?
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

You have to love "The Human LineLock"
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Not that long ago - guys this low on the IQ scale went much slower, now that it's so easy to build power, stupidity has a greater opportunity to display itself.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm not sure why the opportunity to mess up your junk is so appealing to some folks. This seems like those wheelie contests where jacking up your ride is necessary to win. Maybe I'm just old.
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Here is one of my favorites, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym2AOn3pSbA
                          This is a giant case of ego!
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I'd rather do this:

"First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Reminds me of the time I went to an autocross in a parking lot that had some major sand issues. I was in a bone stock '86 Corvette on 400 treadwear tires. I'd spin the tires halfway through second gear, pretty scary how little traction there was. Good thing the course was so tight most cars couldn't get over 50 mph and there was a huge amount of runoff area. I'd hate to run a drag race on a surface that bad, which looks like what they're doing in the video.

Comment

Working...
                              X