No announcement yet.

Oh My GOSH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peewee Loves you bad Miss SueUnit, be gentle...
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
      I just don't know how to do any of that stuff, wrenching. Without shame, I don't know anything. I'm triple A material.

But with Red I sure am learning how much fun it is to go fast. When he breaks, we'll be dead in the water (or on the road) right there.
      With enough Beer, you can have friend come over and teach you..
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

WELL -
        as enablers go - I'm pretty darn good!

Sorry - no employee discounts on Shelby's - but - let me throw this out there.

You already have RED - so - why not take your first step on the hotrod highway - Give red a horsepower make over!
        Supercharger kit?
        ;-)
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
          I just don't know how to do any of that stuff, wrenching. Without shame, I don't know anything. I'm triple A material.

But with Red I sure am learning how much fun it is to go fast. When he breaks, we'll be dead in the water (or on the road) right there.
          Plunging in without really knowing what you're doing is how you learn. Everyone turns their first bolt praying they don't screw it up.

After you screw it up you figure out how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelk View Post
            Plunging in without really knowing what you're doing is how you learn. Everyone turns their first bolt praying they don't screw it up.
            Spot on Whelk. Even applies to soldering.....
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I may even have some spares for RED....I know I have a gutted cat h-pipe , and a off-road H-pipe ( no cats) that you can have for FREE! I may have some underdrives , and a cold air kit too. Ill check.
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Remember, you and Red have a whole Internet full of variously skilled helpers to enable these modifications. But first I'd wait until Red no longer scares you, THEN build more power. The trick is to maintain pucker power.

Dan

Comment

Red is going down the Ohio mile this year yes?

Let's see how the car does in that endeavor - then, while there, and surrounded by all kinds of good knowledgable folks, figure out a plan of action. Even if you're handing wrenches (and likely beers) to a friend who's doing the lion's share of the work - you'll still learn plenty. Gotta start somewhere.

I wonder how much Dieselgeek could get out of this beastie with out changing any hardware at all?????

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                    With enough Beer, you can have friend come over and teach you..
                    Neal, I wouldn't need a SINGLE beer to know I'd have to have a friend come over and help....oh, wait, now I get it. Okay. The whole game gets even MORE expensive. Now we'll have to buy a beer truck too, and I wouldn't know how to work on that, either!
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Dont let not knowing stop you, its not how we do things. Just make sure you have someone around you can ask who knows the right way to do it. You have that right here. A hundred guys who know enough about all manner of mechanical things to give you twenty ways to do it, and most of them the right way.

Dont be afraid of screwing up, we all do it. All you need to do is do it again. Going fast is the most fun I have ever had with my clothes on. Trust me, you dont want to see me without clothes.... unless you like the Sasquatch look..

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                        Remember, you and Red have a whole Internet full of variously skilled helpers to enable these modifications. But first I'd wait until Red no longer scares you, THEN build more power. The trick is to maintain pucker power.

Dan
                        Red doesn't scare me, it would be me who has to scare me using Red to do something like a kid would try to do in him. But I've proven that I do get scared at 120 on the highway, just that it's .... that is just so wrong, not the right place to do it at all.

Unit made one comment that since it's now real, she was worried about be doing the Mile and I said, "Hell honey, you and Spankie and I did 120 on the way to the mountains and you loved it."

But yeah, I backed out of it. Having never spent any time at that speed my internal gauges don't exist. Like, how fast are we really catching up to that batch of cars that was a LONG way ahead of us when I got all the way into the throttle, but now they're getting closer pretty darned fast. And Red sure does sound fantastic slowing down in 4th gear from 120. The other side of the auditory orgasm of getting him up to 120. It's all just a shit ton of fun, but I'm not going to hurt me or us or even worse somebody else on the highway playing with it. That just ain't the responsible place to do it.

With Red and even with the hotrod Bug I had as a kid (I should have been killed 34 times in that ride) it's all about the acceleration. (Good time for y'all to laugh at me again, really, please do). Raise hell for a jiffy or two and then get out of it and slow back down, fun stuff. The top end thing is all new ground to me and I'm already aware that it's a mighty good drug, too!
                        Last edited by pdub; February 14, 2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

It's interesting. I've NEVER puckered up in the Buzz Bomb while driving it. My thrill with him has been learning a bunch of stuff 'cause I'm doing all sorts of things I've never done before. First serious LSR experience, first attempt with N2O, etc, etc. So THAT'S been the excitement so far. Hopefully I'll get more pucker power as I get the new engine built and installed, then tested. 150 (I hope!) should feel a bit different.

Dan
                          Last edited by DanStokes; February 15, 2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I look forward to reading about your experience on the mile for the first time, I also look forward to my first time out there!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                              Peewee Loves you bad Miss SueUnit, be gentle...
                              Gail, it's taken this long for it to simmer, and we are dumb....but Sue Unit finally figured out your quote is from Gone With the Wind, A deep mystery...Is that right or wrong?
                              Last edited by pdub; February 18, 2012, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Nope, not a quote, but a paraphrase........something close but not exact.

Melanie told Scarlett to be kind to Rhett, "as he loves you so".
                                Last edited by sueunit; February 18, 2012, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X