Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irwindale Closes...

Man this sucks..........

Not so fast! I had a couple of calls today on this and it doesn't look like the place is going to be down and out for long.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That would be great news Brian!

Comment

plenty of drag racing in new jersey .....

Comment

i'm hoping a nascar driver/team owner buys irwindales facility as it is the premiere west caost nascar sanctioned 1/2 mile facility that has had televised races of nascar all-star shoot-out to the usac turkey nite grand prix . this track was built/funded by investors of the lowes motor speedway in concorde N.carolina ,haven't you seen that both irwindale and lowes both have lugnut as their mascot ,kinda of a coincidence huh ??

alot of the newer NHRA tracks have been built/funded by nascar investors ,look at LVMS and lowes motor speedway they both have a nascar track and sanctioned NHRA track .so don't tell me nascar isn't trying to help keep dragstrip strips from disappearing/going under

i suspect that even though irwindales outgoing management posted no races for the 2012 season that there will be a new owner very soon . why would you believe fired /ousted track management officials anyways ,they don't know anything

now for socal dragstrips not only did we possibly lose a great 1/8th mile facility look at autoclub dragway in fontana ,this track is under a noise ordinance lawsuit right now that can possibly shut the track down if we lose the lawsuit .right now no cars louder than 105db's and absolutely no screw blower cars allowed to run .this has affected how PSCA runs their events at fontana also no sceda or heritage series even summit series allowed to run
          "if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Comment

I hope this doesnt take away another place in Ca. Soon I wont have a reason to go there.
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

this is promising news ,maybe a new owner can take it over soon !!!

Just read where the LLC filed Bankruptcy owing the City, the PD and the water district money, also outstanding in liability suits. It said they still have an intrest in running it(how i don't know) and the properties 4 buildings are worth 31 million.

Article Here:Irwindale Speedway group files for bankruptcy - ESPN Los Angeles
              "if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X