What I've been up to with the high school kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I've been up to with the high school kids

This is what I've been up to for the past month and a half...working with the high school robotics team to make this basketball playing robot. We finally got it all pretty much working, it's just shown shooting balls here, but it also can drive around and pick them up off the floor. The kids were also shooting the balls themselves and get nowhere near as many in as the robot does

This stuff is a blast....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Nice work Jim!!!!!!.... That thing shoots better than I do..........

Comment

That is totally freaking awesome.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

What a great mentor you're being - nice work.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Cool deal Jim -
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Very impressive.

Comment

oh yeah, that makes me so jealous.... wish my high school had been that cool
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Yep, that's great!
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Excellent, Jim. You are one of the Good Guys, for sure. And how nice to see that there are a bunch of kids who won't get their laptops shot.

Dan

Comment

That is totally awesome, once again you and the kids have come up with something very cool!
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Yeah, but can it dribble? I'm thinking a small oil leak and it'll dribble all over the floor.

I'm not much of a sports guy, am I?

Dan

Comment

We're not allowed to have oil in it, so it can't drool.... and the rules let us carry 3 balls around, so it can travel.

It's been fun building this thing, some of the kids really get into it. We have a couple homeschooled kids this year too, they are allowed to be on the high school robotics team, which is neat. One of them welded the lower chassis together (it's steel). Competitions we're attending are in March in San Diego and Phoenix.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                        X