Carp hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carp hunters

Saw this on anther forum, thought it was funny.

Bowfishing Charter Website: http://www.peoriacarphunters.com/Home_Page.html Shirts Here! http://peoriacarphunters.spreadshirt.com/Zac and Nate battle the inv...

That was funny, and Im glad they are out killing them all.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

gave me more then a few chuckles -
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thse guys are just having way too much fun!
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

LMAO!! Where do I sign up??
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Looks like an awesome way to eradicate an invasive species. Wonder if they've tried a shotgun?
            Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

I'm surprised nobody has tried making their own depth charges, wipe out a few hundred at a time.
              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

That is some funny stuff right there. I was truly laughing out loud. My wife came over to see what was so funny so I watched it again with her.
                1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Carpe' Diem - seize the fish (didn't know I knew Latin, didja?). Or is it "Carpe' Carpe"?

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; February 16, 2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

need to figure out how to use them for fertilizer, think giant blender
                    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

It kinda reminds me of when I got a vendetta gainst the Canada Geese on the lake when we lived in SC. I was stuck over here in TN working, could only go home on the weekends, and cooked up a plan. We (everybody who lived on the lake shore, a 22-acre real big pond) wanted the geese gone, but we can't just kill them legally. Which is, well the lawmakers don't have to live with them.

And they won't leave, year round, they're fat and happy there and they ain't leaving, they ain't migrating anymore. So I did all the Googles on solutions and found that if you aggravate them, make them feel uncomfortable with their surroundings, they'd go to another body of water. Good. As along as it's not ours.

I got a WalMart radio controlled boat (a toy), and about six pounds of firecrackers and we already had the electric trolling motor-powered 16 foot Jon boat. Oh, and bottle rockets with a pipe I could hold and shoot them out of and aim them. A grand plan. Harass the geese and make them leave. I was going to be home on a Saturday and that was the day. What I didn't know was that you have to harrass the geese for weeks on end, 24 hours a day to actually make them leave and go somewhere else.

I only had one afternoon. We called everybody on the lake and told them what I was up to, trying to chase the geese away. They were all thumbs up. In fact they set their lawn chairs out on the shore to watch.

Geese are fast, even swimming. Faster than a WalMart electric radio controlled toy boat and much faster than a trolling motor Jon Boat. All I could do was herd them in a general direction. And then they got off onto land, honking and shitting and just doing what geese do.

So I beached the Jon boat and got onshore with them. All the neighbors were cheering from across the water, I wish I had a video of it myself. I was being an idiot, chasing wild geese - that's where the saying comes from to start with.

They are smart, running on ground they break into smaller and smaller groups so there's safety in numbers, and that's confusing by itself. Lighting and throwing firecrackers, I had no effect at all. It was no time at all until I was plumb tuckerd out and the neighbors took all of their lawn chairs back in the house.

Yeah, the carp hunters are having even more fun than that in the video. With props and homemade weapons of carp destruction. That video is peewee approved, with 5 stars and a big thumbs up and huge laughs. I understand it. I really do.
                      Last edited by pdub; February 16, 2012, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman71 View Post
                        need to figure out how to use them for fertilizer, think giant blender
                        THAT my good friend.... is called a WOOD CHIPPER.

DO NOT hose it down before returning it to the rental place... they'll thank you... loudly.
                        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                          It kinda reminds me of when I got a vendetta gainst the Canada Geese on the lake when we lived in SC. I was stuck over here in TN working, could only go home on the weekends, and cooked up a plan. We (everybody who lived on the lake shore, a 22-acre real big pond) wanted the geese gone, but we can't just kill them legally. Which is, well the lawmakers don't have to live with them.

And they won't leave, year round, they're fat and happy there and they ain't leaving, they ain't migrating anymore. So I did all the Googles on solutions and found that if you aggravate them, make them feel uncomfortable with their surroundings, they'd go to another body of water. Good. As along as it's not ours.

I got a WalMart radio controlled boat (a toy), and about six pounds of firecrackers and we already had the electric trolling motor-powered 16 foot Jon boat. Oh, and bottle rockets with a pipe I could hold and shoot them out of and aim them. A grand plan. Harass the geese and make them leave. I was going to be home on a Saturday and that was the day. What I didn't know was that you have to harrass the geese for weeks on end, 24 hours a day to actually make them leave and go somewhere else.

I only had one afternoon. We called everybody on the lake and told them what I was up to, trying to chase the geese away. They were all thumbs up. In fact they set their lawn chairs out on the shore to watch.

Geese are fast, even swimming. Faster than a WalMart electric radio controlled toy boat and much faster than a trolling motor Jon Boat. All I could do was herd them in a general direction. And then they got off onto land, honking and shitting and just doing what geese do.

So I beached the Jon boat and got onshore with them. All the neighbors were cheering from across the water, I wish I had a video of it myself. I was being an idiot, chasing wild geese - that's where the saying comes from to start with.

They are smart, running on ground they break into smaller and smaller groups so there's safety in numbers, and that's confusing by itself. Lighting and throwing firecrackers, I had no effect at all. It was no time at all until I was plumb tuckerd out and the neighbors took all of their lawn chairs back in the house.

Yeah, the carp hunters are having even more fun than that in the video. With props and homemade weapons of carp destruction. That video is peewee approved, with 5 stars and a big thumbs up and huge laughs. I understand it. I really do.
                          Man - I wished I could have seen that !
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                            Man - I wished I could have seen that !
                            There was beer involved. Not so much in the planning as in the execution. But I'd love to see that video too. A brilliantly failed plan. No, that didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                            X