Things Ain't What They Used to Be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things Ain't What They Used to Be

The more you go, the more true it gets - things ain't what they used to be. I mean Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs has changed, it doesn't taste the same. Maybe it's our aging taste buds (LACK of taste sense) but I think they've changed it. Probably less salt, to help keep us alive and spare them from lawsuits.

But none of the established brands taste the way they used to. Like Bugles. Man, they were good back in the day, but now they look the same but they're not the same. Probably tuned up to help keep us alive. They now taste....well not as good as they used to.

But it's probably just me, since there are a whole lot of younger folks here than older folks (Hi Dan!), but in the bigger picture, taste or preference, I sure do believe this graph shows it all. Young guys, it's not a lot to look forward to, and us older guys really do understand. This actually happens. It does. Count on it. It's a timed life event:

Click image for larger version

Name:	GiveAshit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	878383
    Last edited by pdub; February 18, 2012, 03:04 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

If you really believe that stuff, you might as well go kill yourself.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Must be an average graph...I quit giving a shit a LONG time ago.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I really think Cheeze-Its have much less flavor than they did years ago.....almost bland now.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

We threw away the last box of Cheeze-its for the same reason.

Comment

they were on sale 10-$10 this morning. i guess the lack of preservative makes it cheaper....tastes like it too....
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

And what happened to cows? We haven't been able to buy a decent steak. About to give them up. Going to try once more tomorrow, but if those are tough and tasteless, despite marinade, then we are done with steak too.

Comment

cheeze its are kinda bland, but a while back they had a hot tabasco cheeze its they were good
                COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                  And what happened to cows? We haven't been able to buy a decent steak. About to give them up. Going to try once more tomorrow, but if those are tough and tasteless, despite marinade, then we are done with steak too.

Need to find you a good butcher. I try not to buy steaks from grocery stores when I can...I have one (butcher) here, they sell a steak they call "ugly steaks" from what I can tell by the texture and marbling is that they are end pieces of tri-tip. they are an amazing cut, lots of flavor and very tender if cooked correctly...if you over cook, just like any other cut...you may as well give it to the dog...
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Come to Kansas. We butcher more cows here than any state in the Union. My brother in Texas comes up here to fill his freezer with dead Kansas cows and Wichita's own Manning chili. The Texans never knew what hit 'em! They eat it up, and call it larrupin good!
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman71 View Post
                      cheeze its are kinda bland, but a while back they had a hot tabasco cheeze its they were good
                      They make a white parmesan one now and the one with half parmesan and half regular are real good.
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                        They make a white parmesan one now and the one with half parmesan and half regular are real good.
                        the parmesan ones are damn good. anyone had chocolate chex mix? chex mix is possibly the only snack food that doesn't suck more as time goes on. I think that stuff could save the whole world!
                        "We can't stop here, IT's bat country!"

Comment

Working...
                        X